• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vaillant’s "slowly but surely" growing sales thread - CLOSED

193 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #64 (Copy B) - VF W

First apperance of the Kree race (both mentioned and through the Kree Sentry).

Copies of this book with a white cover are tough (believe me!). This one is a very nice VF with defects bringing down the grade an apparent slight water stain at the top, and some soft stress mark on the cover (probably by putting a paper sheet to write a note upon the book). Still a gorgeous copy, compared to most copies which look brown rather than white… :P

:news:SOLD

8WoCJcFh.jpg

Fantastic Four #65 (Copy B) - VF+ W

First apperance of Ronan the Accuser.

:news:SOLD

This would be a gorgeous copy (and with white pages!), but for some reason I have the fear it might have been slightly trimmed at the bottom, and thus I am offering it with the special game for Kirby fans at 60% off.

Hey, if you buy it and grade it and it’s not trimmed you owe me an ice cream! :D

cokHxEzh.jpg

Kirby Bronze oddities Lot

Includes:

Atlas #1 - VF OW

Justice Inc. #2 FN+ OWW

Justice Inc. #3 FNVF OWW

Richard Dragon Kung-Fu Fighter No_3 FN OW

Super DC Giant No_S-25 - FN OWW

$20 for all five

All original material, except the DC Giant, which contains Challengers of the Unknown reprints. :)

qEPVE4Xh.jpg

PK7iExdm.jpg uHXclD7m.jpg HkCN3K5m.jpg QcGdDMWm.jpg

Let’s see if someone other is paying attention… :D

Fantastic Four #36 (Copy A) - FN+ OWW

My keeper copy for twenty years or so… First appearance of my favorite FF villains and of Medusa. Nice unrestored FN range copy which presents better than grade – it has a very tiny piece of paper detaching from the bottom part of the cover (can be seen in the scan).

Prices are going crazy on decent copies of this one, so not sure how much to ask…

How about a BIN of $280?

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype) and I will give it to you for $170, or you can have both it and the Strange Tales #104 for $210.

All you have to do is to write a paragraph (or a bit more) telling why you loved the Frightful Four when you first read a story featuring them, and post a conditional :takeit:

I will leave the contest going, in the meanwhile everyone is free to post a :takeit: at the asking BIN price.

if no one is convincing in the end I will sell it to the first "takeit" placed outside the context. (thumbs u

BLrmE8ah.jpg

QLDOjJlh.jpg

Conditional :takeit:

I bought back issues of Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-man, and a host of DC titles as a young teenager in the late 1960s/early 70s from a man in New York state who had a small ad in the back pages of the comic books. I had a nice run of FF (31 through 60), ASM 70-95, a complete run of JLA 1-60 (including B&B 28-30), and various issues of Action, Adventure, Batman, Detective, Flash, Superman & Worlds Finest. I stopped collecting at age 16 when I started driving, working on cars & chasing girls. But I kept my comics until my mid 20s when I sold all of the DC books to go partying one night. :makepoint: Fortunately, I didn't sell any of my Marvels and still have them today. :applause: My copy of FF 36 is a low grade reader (with extra staples that I applied to keep it intact) and I'd loved to upgrade with your copy. And yes, I resumed collecting Marvel after the first Spider-man movie was released in 2001. I am working on a complete run of Fantastic Four volume 1 and only need issues 1 & 5. Acquiring these 2 books is my number 1 collecting priority for 2015.

I remember reading FF 36 and wondering why Medusa allied herself with the Frightful Four, especially when it turned out later that she was one of the good guys (and girls). I thought it was a little weird for Medusa's superpower to be the strength & agility of her hair, but later it made sense when she was revealed to be an Inhuman. The Frightful Four impressed me when they defeated (although temporarily) the FF in issue 38, when other super villains like Doc Doom, the Mad Thinker & the Puppetmaster had previously failed. I thought the Wizard's scientific expertise was impressive, but no match for Reed Richards, the Sandman was badass, but Pastepot Pete was the weak sister of the group. I enjoyed reading more of the Frightful Four in later issues of FF.

Warlock #11 - VF- W

$10

dMVBtWGh.jpg

Marvel Spotlight #32 - VG OWW

Lowgrade copy of the first Spider-Woman, so you can have it for cheap.

Some slight discoloration but nice PQ, and all firmly attached. :)

$15

WBnCLHuh.jpg

Okay, I want to sell something after all, so how about this offer:

the first one buying something of $20 value (or more) gets to buy this nice Dr. Strange #1 for $25:

(I would grade it as a VGFN OWW)

8qUXl83h.jpg

:takeit:

Fellow European here ;)

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype)

hmmmm let's see...

well, I like the hair pulling hotness of this cover.

how's that???

:blush:

My keeper copy for twenty years or so… First appearance of my favorite FF villains and of Medusa. Nice unrestored FN range copy which presents better than grade – it has a very tiny piece of paper detaching from the bottom part of the cover (can be seen in the scan).

Prices are going crazy on decent copies of this one, so not sure how much to ask…

How about a BIN of $280?

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype) and I will give it to you for $170, or you can have both it and the Strange Tales #104 for $210.

All you have to do is to write a paragraph (or a bit more) telling why you loved the Frightful Four when you first read a story featuring them, and post a conditional :takeit:

I will leave the contest going, in the meanwhile everyone is free to post a :takeit: at the asking BIN price.

if no one is convincing in the end I will sell it to the first "takeit" placed outside the context. (thumbs u

BLrmE8ah.jpg

QLDOjJlh.jpg

I bought back issues of Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-man, and a host of DC titles as a young teenager in the late 1960s/early 70s from a man in New York state who had a small ad in the back pages of the comic books. I had a nice run of FF (31 through 60), ASM 70-95, a complete run of JLA 1-60 (including B&B 28-30), and various issues of Action, Adventure, Batman, Detective, Flash, Superman & Worlds Finest. I stopped collecting at age 16 when I started driving, working on cars & chasing girls. But I kept my comics until my mid 20s when I sold all of the DC books to go partying one night. :makepoint: Fortunately, I didn't sell any of my Marvels and still have them today. :applause: My copy of FF 36 is a low grade reader (with extra staples that I applied to keep it intact) and I'd loved to upgrade with your copy. And yes, I resumed collecting Marvel after the first Spider-man movie was released in 2001. I am working on a complete run of Fantastic Four volume 1 and only need issues 1 & 5. Acquiring these 2 books are my number 1 collecting priority for 2015.

I remember reading FF 36 and wondering why Medusa allied herself with the Frightful Four, especially when it turned out later that she was one of the good guys (and girls). I thought it was a little weird for Medusa's superpower to be the strength & agility of her hair, but later it made sense when she was revealed to be an Inhuman. The Frightful Four impressed me when they defeated (although temporarily) the FF in issue 38, when other super villains like Doc Doom, the Mad Thinker & the Puppetmaster had previously failed. I thought the Wizard's scientific expertise was impressive, but no match for Reed Richards, the Sandman was badass, but Pastepot Pete was the weak sister of the group. I enjoyed reading more of the Frightful Four in later issues of FF.

plus look at his screen name Claudio! lol

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype)

hmmmm let's see...

well, I like the hair pulling hotness of this cover.

how's that???

:blush:

I was thinking of posting something along those lines as Spidey 62 is one of my favorite covers. When you think that Medusa can manipulate her hair to do darn near anything, the thoughts are endless. I mean, if she wanted to, when she had Spidey all tied up, she could have had a strand of hair go up his nose and pierce his brain :sick: or manipulate it so she goes through an artery and works the strand to his heart. No more Spidey :cry:

Anyway, cool books in this thread Claudio. My wife is 3rd gen Italian, her Grandma came over from Ischia. I dig those Fantastic Quattro's

How about a BIN of $280?

BLrmE8ah.jpg

QLDOjJlh.jpg

I bought back issues of Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-man, and a host of DC titles as a young teenager in the late 1960s/early 70s from a man in New York state who had a small ad in the back pages of the comic books. I had a nice run of FF (31 through 60), ASM 70-95, a complete run of JLA 1-60 (including B&B 28-30), and various issues of Action, Adventure, Batman, Detective, Flash, Superman & Worlds Finest. I stopped collecting at age 16 when I started driving, working on cars & chasing girls. But I kept my comics until my mid 20s when I sold all of the DC books to go partying one night. :makepoint: Fortunately, I didn't sell any of my Marvels and still have them today. :applause: My copy of FF 36 is a low grade reader (with extra staples that I applied to keep it intact) and I'd loved to upgrade with your copy. And yes, I resumed collecting Marvel after the first Spider-man movie was released in 2001. I am working on a complete run of Fantastic Four volume 1 and only need issues 1 & 5. Acquiring these 2 books are my number 1 collecting priority for 2015.

plus look at his screen name Claudio! lol

agreed!! that's awesome!!! just throwing out why I love this book as well I'm not in the market for a copy but this was one of my first SA issues and the first of many SA Classics my Grandmother Michaelina bought for me when I was younger!!! She used to always wrap them in clothes shaped boxes and hide em' between shirts or pants or something come birthdays and Christmas time...Gosh I must have read this book 10 times!!! She also happens to be the person who got me my low grade Strange Tales #104 :cloud9: I always have and always will have a special place in my heart for ol' Paste-Pot!! Oh, and buy this mans books as far as this community is concerned NO One is kinder and more passionate about funny books than Claudio!! my sincerest thanks for the first offer on the other FF(Four Favorites) my friend I really do appreciate it!!! BTW I did land that other book we talked about!! Yippee keepin my eyes on the prize (thumbs u thanks again Claudio...ok carry on sorry