• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vaillant’s "slowly but surely" growing sales thread - CLOSED

193 posts in this topic

Avengers #83 - FN+ OWW

And at the borders of the Marvel age pops up… feminism! :D

Fan favorite issue where the Enchantress… well, you’ll have to read it to find out!

And… no, this is not the first appearance of the Valkyrie, by any means (this issue is often reported as such!). lol

$50

YrIHR2xh.jpg

Let’s see if someone other is paying attention… :D

Fantastic Four #36 (Copy A) - FN+ OWW

My keeper copy for twenty years or so… First appearance of my favorite FF villains and of Medusa. Nice unrestored FN range copy which presents better than grade – it has a very tiny piece of paper detaching from the bottom part of the cover (can be seen in the scan).

Prices are going crazy on decent copies of this one, so not sure how much to ask…

How about a BIN of $280?

Here’s a game: prove me you’re wanting this book because you’re a true Fantastic Four fan (and not merely because of the movie hype) and I will give it to you for $170, or you can have both it and the Strange Tales #104 for $210.

All you have to do is to write a paragraph (or a bit more) telling why you loved the Frightful Four when you first read a story featuring them, and post a conditional :takeit:

I will leave the contest going, in the meanwhile everyone is free to post a :takeit: at the asking BIN price.

if no one is convincing in the end I will sell it to the first "takeit" placed outside the context. (thumbs u

BLrmE8ah.jpg

QLDOjJlh.jpg

Conditional :takeit:

It was back in the early 90's, I was attending one of my first cons, and I stopped at a dealer table and made a few purchases. After I paid him, he put the comics in a bag and before giving it to me, he took a small box and pulled 2 random comics from it. He says it was his freebies box and he used to give one or two comics to his customers.

It was Tomb of Dracula 5 and FF 36. Both in very bad condition, no better than Fair.

Belive it or not, those two comics were the very first american comic books I ever owned.

living in Italy, I collected italian comics, but this gift opened the doors to the brand new world (for me) of collecting original US comics.

Of course I love the FF and the Kyrby/Lee run, but this particular comic bears alot of sentimental value for me (along with ToD 5)

Claudio, really nice looking FF numbers 64 and 65. They are among my favorite Silver Age FFs because my dad bought copies for me back in 1979. It was around that time when I began purchasing Marvel comics through MileHighComics catalogs (back then no pictures of course). My father worked for a bank in NYC called Bankers Trust near Columbus Circle in Manhattan.

I think he took pity on me for collecting comics! lol but he told me that there was a comic dealer near 57th street and 8th Avenue. So of course I asked him to purchase any FF comics he could find in that store!

He came home one evening with those two books.

I have always enjoyed the charcoal brown cover of FF # 65, the NYC skyline and the villain himself Ronan. The splash page also of the entire team taking him on! Conditional :takeit:

Amazing Spider-Man #31 VG+ OW

First Gwen Stacy and Harry Osborn, but you already know that! :D

$70

ft09FXyh.jpg

dammit Claudio you really want me to buy something. I've avoided taking something here or there but this is too much.

:takeit:

^^

Many thanks Hector! If you don’t find anything other I’ll try my best at keeping the shipping cost down.

Thread recap coming soon, before I start listing more books in the next days.

$70

ft09FXym.jpg

dammit Claudio you really want me to buy something. I've avoided taking something here or there but this is too much.

$70

ft09FXyh.jpg

Almost grabbed it while stopped at a stop light coming in to work. Nice book!

Uncanny X-Men #119 - VGFN OW

Uncanny X-Men #121 (2nd Alpha Flight) - FN OW

Uncanny X-Men #158 (1st Rogue in title) - VG OWW

Offered as a lot. Take all three for $20

5F518xNm.jpg fCqdheqm.jpg YCLKHlZm.jpg

since I'm now buying in this thread