• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON 2015! July 31st - August 2nd, 2015

172 posts in this topic

It was EASILY my best show since 1988.

Congrats to Jimmy & Nicky for bringing a consistent world class event to Boston.

I packed an inventory that would interest the 15,000 new entries to the local market.

Items under $25 that related to guests / cosplayers.

The new convention customer does NOT look through long boxes.

Our set up will be copied for decades.

CfNZQ0Y.jpg

That's true, and I've been seeing it a lot lately at cons, dealers put their product on the table in full view now. Digging through boxes is a pain and you can hardly get to the box you want cause some guy with a backpack on and a notebook laid out all over the boxes scares off other customers and your competition is 3 steps away. Most customers have ADD when they are at a con anyway, so why fuss with the long boxes when you don't have too?

That's true, and I've been seeing it a lot lately at cons, dealers put their product on the table in full view now. Digging through boxes is a pain and you can hardly get to the box you want cause some guy with a backpack on and a notebook laid out all over the boxes scares off other customers and your competition is 3 steps away. Most customers have ADD when they are at a con anyway, so why fuss with the long boxes when you don't have too?

Yep. I've seen it for years from modern dealers who take books out of boxes. Not exactly revolutionary.

Yep. I've seen it for years from modern dealers who take books out of boxes. Not exactly revolutionary.

I think that my wire rack display under the tables unused space & along the perimeter are pretty revolutionary.

I've never seen it before.

"Transplant"

I'd be worried about people kicking those books.

I'd also be worried about people stealing those books.

And finally, I think that I'd be concerned that people couldn't even see those books. You don't look down when you're at a convention.

Sunday morning I was the first vendor into the con. Walked around the artist alley and saw who was there and figured to get a book or 2 signed. This was a first for me and since I wanted to have CGC witness, it made for more of a challenge, but it was much easier than I thought. Because I got in so early, I was able to search the pile of 500 or so con exclusives for Harley Quinn Power Girl #2. The books, raw of course were packed tightly in a box. I selected the best of what was there with hopes of a 9.8

image_zps722xhfn8.jpg

Later I was able to meet Stacy Lee for another signing with CGC on my Silk 1 variant, hopes for another 9.8. Stacy is very worthy of a photo with my book any day.

image_zpsjjqpwf1j.jpg

I got a Harley Quinn sketch done too......

image_zpsh1exhi6a.jpg

And I saw Stacy Lee walking around, but hadn't realized who she was....Total hottie

I'd be worried about people kicking those books.

I'd also be worried about people stealing those books.

And finally, I think that I'd be concerned that people couldn't even see those books. You don't look down when you're at a convention.

*shrug*

If they didn't see them,how did they buy them?

( In record numbers)

EDIT: I've done so well for so long avoiding Larry.

Translation;

I haven't made a snide remark in a while, directed at Larry from my anonymous internet moniker.

You're translator is broken. Too much person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed in the filter.