• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed

28 posts in this topic

You're welcome, Jerome.

I'm more than happy to have cleared this matter up to the extent I have already (by posting the time-stamped PMs):

p><p> [size=11pt]To everyone who

Should any of you be wondering what I initially said:[/size]

p><p> [size=11pt]I

Even under that (incorrect) assumption, I still decided to sell the book to Oldshady.

Having said in the listing "PayPal only," a request for Money Order threw me a little bit. (They tell you not to take one when selling on Craigslist, so caution set in by auto-pilot.)

Also, being in the position of needing to sell the book, my initial interpretation of "...If not, I'm sure we can work out a payment" was that, at best, it was uncertain. With no mention of PayPal in the PM at all, I honestly didn't know what to expect, and so I went with the straightforward request instead.[/size]

Then, I (thankfully) realized, Oldshady was the rightful buyer by time-stamp alone.

Nevertheless, my integrity seemed to have been called into question here -- or if not, that I was perhaps guilty of some gross misunderstanding of MB protocol. It's good to know that neither was true.

p><p> [size=11pt]In the words of the great Stan Lee, "

Greg [/size]

You're welcome, Jerome.

I'm more than happy to have cleared this matter up to the extent I have already (by posting the time-stamped PMs):

p><p> [size=11pt]To everyone who

Should any of you be wondering what I initially said:[/size]

p><p> [size=11pt]I

Even under that (incorrect) assumption, I still decided to sell the book to Oldshady.

Having said in the listing "PayPal only," a request for Money Order threw me a little bit. (They tell you not to take one when selling on Craigslist, so caution set in by auto-pilot.)

Also, being in the position of needing to sell the book, my initial interpretation of "...If not, I'm sure we can work out a payment" was that, at best, it was uncertain. With no mention of PayPal in the PM at all, I honestly didn't know what to expect, and so I went with the straightforward request instead.[/size]

Then, I (thankfully) realized, Oldshady was the rightful buyer by time-stamp alone.

Nevertheless, my integrity seemed to have been called into question here -- or if not, that I was perhaps guilty of some gross misunderstanding of MB protocol. It's good to know that neither was true.

p><p> [size=11pt]In the words of the great Stan Lee, "

Greg [/size]

Great reply and use of time stamps!

I'm glad this all worked out and the book ended up with the rightful owner.

:foryou:

I have to admit that the seller in this thread impressed me. He only had a few posts, went straight to selling a book and then a question came up about his selling decision. This is when things tend to go sideways for newer boardies, but that was not the case here. He handled it very well and everyone left happy.

I don't know if anyone answered his question, but yes, sometimes boardies like to remain private on their buying habits. I think it is a very small number, but if they want it to be a private buy, they will usually let you know in pm.