• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dime Press 3: Any guide source?

16 posts in this topic

I have a nearly pristine copy of Dime Press 3 (1st app of Hellboy), so I went back and read some old posts about it here. They say that Overstreet et al. don't want to touch it.

Has there been any change? Does anyone do valuation of the book? Right now I am relying on eBay sales to inform me.

Thanks.

Dime Press 4,not 3.However even though it does have some similarities it is not the 1st app. of Hellboy.San Diego Comic Con Comics is the true first appearance.;Being that it is a foreign fanzine Overstreet doesn't handle it.Certainly a cool book in the Hellboy mythos regardless.

Ha! You're right. It's #4.

So it sounds like the book is still in limbo between fanzine and comics, even though it's not really a comic. Is there a thread on recent sale values?

Thanks.

Surely you can find some on eBay,no? Do a little investigative work.

There are 15 auctions on eBay at this very moment. :makepoint:

I have a nearly pristine copy of Dime Press 3 (1st app of Hellboy), so I went back and read some old posts about it here. They say that Overstreet et al. don't want to touch it.

Has there been any change? Does anyone do valuation of the book? Right now I am relying on eBay sales to inform me.

Thanks.

Claudio (vaillant) on the Boards has a good supply of Dime Press 4. You might ask him by private message.

Thanks.

Claudio (vaillant) on the Boards has a good supply of Dime Press 4. You might ask him by private message.

I’ve never had any. :shrug:

You might have been confusing me with marmat (Matteo) which had a number of slabbed copies. (thumbs u

So it sounds like the book is still in limbo between fanzine and comics, even though it's not really a comic. Is there a thread on recent sale values?

Thanks.

Just do not overpay for it. Although people now know about how it is sought after by american collectors, it was a professional fanzine and had quite a print run at the time. Surely a number of thousands (I have no precise data but a friend of mine was on the editorial board and I asked the publisher through him), so a good number other copies might surface in time.

Thanks.

You can get a 9.4 or maybe even a 9.6 for what I paid for a 9.0 eons ago.

Thanks.

You can get a 9.4 or maybe even a 9.6 for what I paid for a 9.0 eons ago.

Geeze fingh....I would have never guessed you were more than 1 eon old give or take a millennia.

Thanks.

Just do not overpay for it. Although people now know about how it is sought after by american collectors, it was a professional fanzine and had quite a print run at the time. Surely a number of thousands (I have no precise data but a friend of mine was on the editorial board and I asked the publisher through him), so a good number other copies might surface in time.

Rare. Very rare.

l4JUK8a.jpg

Thanks.

Rare. Very rare.

l4JUK8a.jpg

:roflmao: That's about the size of it.