• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

af 15

27 posts in this topic

personally I wouldn't touch it, nothing there to me to think that pressing would help the grade or appearance (maybe dry cleaning the back?) plenty of af 15;s out there 3.0 and a little up with chipping. that's a nice looking book

You don't really see 4's with tears that severe on the back. Coupled with the front cover creasing and the missing paper in the top left hand corner on the front I think you'd be looking at a very nice presenting 3.5 with a press (3.0 as is) IMHO.

-J.

It looks around a 3.0 to me, but given CGCs history with chipping and my suspicions that they are easy on lower grade AF 15s in general, I wouldn't be surprised with a 4.0 from them. Other than the chipping it seems to present fairly well. As for the seeming curve at the bottom, I suspect that's due to the book not laying flat in the picture.

3.5 all day

I agree w/this.

The reason I asked about trimming is not due to the fact that the book isn't lying flat, its the fact that the bottom edge is razor sharp. Look at the top and the right side. Typical defects consistent with a VG or lower copy.

Then look at the bottom. Looks too clean in my opinion.

Of course I could be horribly wrong and everything is on the up and up. Tough to tell from a picture (and in general).

Let us know the grade plz sir and best of luck! Solid book no doubt

3.5 all day

I agree w/this.

The reason I asked about trimming is not due to the fact that the book isn't lying flat, its the fact that the bottom edge is razor sharp. Look at the top and the right side. Typical defects consistent with a VG or lower copy.

Then look at the bottom. Looks too clean in my opinion.

Of course I could be horribly wrong and everything is on the up and up. Tough to tell from a picture (and in general).

Let us know the grade plz sir and best of luck! Solid book no doubt

I would not second guess your instincts, and a book of this magnitude could certainly be compromised. Many other copies certainly have as well. You just have to send it in, say a little prayer, go to church on Sunday, and keep your eye on the queues. Good luck to the OP.

:wishluck: