• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Wanted" #6...

31 posts in this topic

. I have never been this insulted by the comic medium EVER. sign-rantpost.gif

Then you have never read Verotika # 4 - I won't own a copy and whenever somebody sends me one I immediately put it in my meighbors garbage can.

It does seem like Millar is of the Fight Club generation doesn't it!

...Actually, I HAVE been this insulted before...Millar's UNFUNNIES! Another total piece of trash. Among the worst stuff ever put to print. But UNFUNNIES was insulting just because of how sick the subject matter was. WANTED is a direct insult to the reader as a person.

ALL RIGHT I WILL SETTLE THE CONTROVERSY

Everybody send me their copies wink.gif

ALL OF THEM!! Oh yeah and your Supreme Powers issues as well - even the doubles! We need the healing to begin!

No I won't give em to the kids I will read them and then save them till the movies come out so that you don't have to look at them ever, ever ,ever. But J.G. Jones Rocks!

Comics4Kids

20825 State Rt. 410 East # 413

Bonney Lake, WA 98390

I thought it was good, and I laughed my [#@$%!!!] off. I think (and fully understand) how some readers might take offence, but I thought this series was entertaining!

Continuing to buck the trend, I would have to agree with you on that one.

I think a lot of people took this final issue the wrong way, and interpreted it as a personal attack. I didn't see it that way at all. I enjoyed this series because of the material. It hit a note with me. Granted, I will concede that this last issue felt lacking a bit in overall closure, and ended up as more of an 'origin' issue for me. I think that if you took the first few pages of #6, added it to the end of #5, and made #6 a #0, it would be a better compilation.

anyone confused yet? insane.gif

I agree with a lot of the comments regarding the variant covers, and think they were most definitely done as a death-rattle money-grab. Really, the only good cover, in my opinion, was the wesley cover. Regardless, I enjoyed the ride, thought some things could have been done better, but will enjoy reading the series over again a few times.

I really did enjoy the artwork though...why else would I have bought 4 slabbed copies of various issues? insane.gif

I think a lot of people took this final issue the wrong way, and interpreted it as a personal attack.

I didn't think it was an insult; I thought it was trite.

Exactly. That is the very reason why I find myself buying fewer and fewer comics every month... these guys don't know how to write. He wrote a very entertaining story, and then INEXPLICABLY changes the "rules" that he put in place from the first panel of the first page of the first issue just so he could proffer some mind-numbingly inane social commentary about commercial culture?

For those of you who were so utterly dazzled by this rotten pile of [#@$%!!!], then I would HIGHLY recommend the movie "Josie And The Pussycats". You see, it does the EXACT same thing (mocks and reviles its own target audience), only it's more entertaining (complete with real, live girls).

While I would say the last issue would have been better done as an epilogue combined with some extended action scenes from issue #5, I can personally appreciate the humor and commentary in #6 and not be offended/utterly disappointed.

I enjoyed the series as a whole and its' delays/ending didn't kill me or anything. It was what it was - a good mini-series with some caustic writing and really good art. Just my opinion.

While I would say the last issue would have been better done as an epilogue combined with some extended action scenes from issue #5, I can personally appreciate the humor and commentary in #6 and not be offended/utterly disappointed.

I enjoyed the series as a whole and its' delays/ending didn't kill me or anything. It was what it was - a good mini-series with some caustic writing and really good art. Just my opinion.

The delays are what REALLY get me. If, as he would have us believe, he was PLANNING this ending all along, then WHY would it take so long to finish this book?

It smacks of a lazy, uncreative writer who was railing against a contrived, overused conclusion... who accidentally stumbled onto a new one.