• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do You Feel About Stan Lee Getting Money From Marvel?

Stan Lee is getting money from Marvel, and I feel:  

366 members have voted

1. 1. Stan Lee is getting money from Marvel, and I feel:

32 posts in this topic

When I was younger growing up reading my brothers comics, the only person I would have known was Stan Lee. It was always Stan Lee presents. It was always Stan Lee doing narration in the cartoons. Obviously I now know, him and Jack were the creators of most of the major marvel characters, but it was Stan who was marvels front man from my point of view. I think 10% is ok, but if he were getting more, I'd still think he deserved it! flamed.gif

Even today when Stan pumps a movie/characters, etc no one does it better. There is no one before or since he retired that could even provide 1/10th of the enthusiam or get people as excited about comics as Stan can. Next to Kirby (if not on par with Jack) I'd say he is the single greatest driving force this industry has ever seen.

Stan deserves all the everything. Jack Kirby died for our sins.

Stan and Jack should have bronze statues outside the Marvel Offices, in the Foyer.

By Alex Ross.

I think we all learned that hindsight is 20/20 and all we can do is assure creator's rights.

For Real.

I think we should have been more worried that Frank Miller didn't get to do his own Elektra movie, but maybe we'll get one - as fast as they are making "re-imagining's" of fairly recent (in the big picture) films pretty quickly.

I think I read in CBG (1605) that they are considering using Miller's Wolverine storyline for the solo feature film...

Did you read in Hulk # 184 that a letter writer suggested that they put Wolverine in the "new" X-Men comic?

Stan and Jack should have bronze statues outside the Marvel Offices, in the Foyer.

By Alex Ross.

I think we all learned that hindsight is 20/20 and all we can do is assure creator's rights.

For Real.

I think we should have been more worried that Frank Miller didn't get to do his own Elektra movie, but maybe we'll get one - as fast as they are making "re-imagining's" of fairly recent (in the big picture) films pretty quickly.

I think I read in CBG (1605) that they are considering using Miller's Wolverine storyline for the solo feature film...

Did you read in Hulk # 184 that a letter writer suggested that they put Wolverine in the "new" X-Men comic?

Were you recently possessed by the ghost of James Joyce because every post you make these days consists of stream of consciousness bits of non sequitur yes i love my puppy yes its warm outside yes who wants to play baseball yes anyone want a yes peanut butter and jelly sandwich yes my head hurts yes i have speckles on my hands yes the wall is shiny yes.

By Alex Ross.

For Real.

Were you recently possessed by the ghost of James Joyce because every post you make these days consists of stream of consciousness bits of non sequitur yes i love my puppy yes its warm outside yes who wants to play baseball yes anyone want a yes peanut butter and jelly sandwich yes my head hurts yes i have speckles on my hands yes the wall is shiny yes.

All of Dr Neff's posts are like this. gossip.gif

I made a joke in one of Luxxcorp's threads that Luxxcorp and Dr Neff should hold a conversation in a thread. It'd probably be the closest thing to Martian that any of us will ever hear.

By Alex Ross.

For Real.

All of Dr Neff's posts are like this. gossip.gif

I made a joke in one of Luxxcorp's threads that Luxxcorp and Dr Neff should hold a conversation in a thread. It'd probably be the closest thing to Martian that any of us will ever hear.

I could have sworn that he used to post coherently, with one sentence logically flowing from the next. In any event, those days are long gone. screwy.gif

No, this is the closest thing to Martian that any of us will ever hear. smirk.gif

758440-leader.gif

Well, I'm happy for Stan Lee. I have to agree with the contract issue. If he had a contract, he should be paid 'nuff said. Yes Kirby and Ditko made major contributions to comics all over there is no denying that. But I look at it like the Bob Kane and Bill Finger issue. Bob Kane had a great contract with DC and made it so that no Batman property can be made without it expressly stating "created by Bob Kane" However, we all know that Bill Finger, poor guy, was the brains behind a lot of the work and creative ideas that made Batman what he is. However, Mr. Finger didn't have the business sense that Kane had so he just became a footnote in comic history. Ditko and Kirby's people need to get some great lawyers and work to get their own money. It would be great if the newer generation of corporate heads at DC and Marvel stepped up to the plate and correct these sad errors and pay these comic gods what they deserve.