• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics & Kickstarter

8 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules. If I am my apologies.

I don't know how many of the people on these forums are also comic creators/writers/pencilers/inkers/colorists or even letterist a but I notice there isn't any thread about making comics. I myself just started writing creating with a long term forum favorite Sajad Shah and Adelso Corona.

We just launched a kickstarter for the next issue of our comic Zindan

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2124244546/zindan-the-comic-series

If any others out there are working on similar projects I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

I've shipped to Australia and England. Neither was really a big deal. I think both were cheaper than expected. I don't think shipping to England is any more expensive than shipping to Canada. I actually collect a comic from England and another from Canada, both have reasonable shipping. I bought some comics from Australia, can't remember if the shipping was reasonable or not, but a friend out there sent me a hard drive that I filled with music and sent back and it was much more reasonable than I had expected it to be.

Content may be an issue. I think Canada may be stricter than the US on that sort of thing and could cause problems at customs, but I have no clue.

Which carrier did you use? Was there one that was better than another? Also do you remember roughly how much they cost? I was using the online calculators and they were giving me quotes for 90-100$ which I felt was way too much to ask.