• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding Shipping Insurance while becoming a top rated Ebay seller

14 posts in this topic

Any time I try to add shipping insurance, FeeBay will not allow me to input the tracking number.

Meanwhile, the number of transactions for which I have uploaded the tracking # in the automated systems impacts my Selling performance.

My assessment: this puts me in a ridiculous situation where I cannot both properly insure my packages while still making my way to becoming a Top Rated Ebay seller.

Is my assessment correct?

I don't understand...are you taking the packages to the post office?

I don't have to input any tracking info...eBay/Paypal does that automatically.

Peace,

Chip

Same here - I use both ebay and paypal for the shipping labels - and all of the data is automatically entered.

Rev - you need to give us more detail on the process you are using to pay/print the labels.

When I add additional shipping insurance (greater than US$50), the eBay tools do not allow me to input the tracking number into Ebay.

In other words, when you add additional insurance, the USPS provide you with one tracking # -- an insurance tracking #. Ebay does not allow you to input that tracking # into the Ebay system.

you only need to upload the package tracking. I believe the insurance will be tied to the package tracking number. It would be a lot easier to use the eBay/PayPal shipping option and print the postage from home. You'll be able to take advantage of discounts if you become top rated.

When I add additional shipping insurance and enter the tracking number into Ebay, it states:

The USPS tracking number(s) you entered appears to be an Insurance label number. These services generally don't provide real-time shipping status updates and may not allow your buyer to track where the item is or know when to expect delivery (unless USPS Tracking was purchased separately).

I reviewed the eBay forums before posting here.

The consensus is that the system is broken. You can't enter an insurance label number. And when you purchase additional insurance, you only get an insurance label number (not two tracking #s).

It seems very ridiculous that eBay would be 'broken' in that respect.

But then again, despite all the delays & complaints about GSP (Global Shipping Program), eBay GSP still exists. (shrug)

When I add additional shipping insurance and enter the tracking number into Ebay, it states:

The USPS tracking number(s) you entered appears to be an Insurance label number. These services generally don't provide real-time shipping status updates and may not allow your buyer to track where the item is or know when to expect delivery (unless USPS Tracking was purchased separately).

I reviewed the eBay forums before posting here.

The consensus is that the system is broken. You can't enter an insurance label number. And when you purchase additional insurance, you only get an insurance label number (not two tracking #s).

It seems very ridiculous that eBay would be 'broken' in that respect.

But then again, despite all the delays & complaints about GSP (Global Shipping Program), eBay GSP still exists. (shrug)

your solution is to use either paypal or ebay to PAY for shipping

the tracking number is transferred automatically

I buy extra insurance & the post office employee told me that the number on the insurance receipt is the tracking number. When I come back home, I enter that number for the ebay tracking number..when I do ebay gives the me same message that revival gets, but when I go to the usps tracking site it works perfect.

No problem.

When I add additional shipping insurance (greater than US$50), the eBay tools do not allow me to input the tracking number into Ebay.

In other words, when you add additional insurance, the USPS provide you with one tracking # -- an insurance tracking #. Ebay does not allow you to input that tracking # into the Ebay system.

Yes it does. You're doing it wrong.

you only need to upload the package tracking. I believe the insurance will be tied to the package tracking number. It would be a lot easier to use the eBay/PayPal shipping option and print the postage from home. .

You are correct!! Online eBay/PayPal option works every time.

Otherwise, if you go in person to the USPS and add additional insurance to a flat rate box, you only get an insurance label number, which doesn't work with eBay tracking system. Thanks.

I am confused.

Why are they buying additional insurance at the post office and not just doing this from the eBay shipping?

I paid for shipping at the post office. Paid for the flat rate box ($50 insurance) plus additional insurance.

Like awakeintheashes said, had I paid for the shipping via eBay/PayPal, I wouldn't run into this problem.