• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2015 SKETCHCOVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

502 posts in this topic

Just picked up my sketchbook from my cousin who went to SDCC on my behalf. I was surprised by how many artists he'd managed to get. All were free, too!

Kris Anka

IMG_20150725_155750_080_zpsnptkonjb.jpg

Ron Lim

IMG_20150725_154929_319_zpsdqgc0tel.jpg

Chip Zdarsky (the shirt is a reference to the Smashing Pumpkins callout in Howard #1)

IMG_20150725_154906_239_zpsievkf6ta.jpg

Matt Kindt

IMG_20150725_155648_778_zpsboewrcmd.jpg

Victor Olazaba

IMG_20150725_155144_487_zpsist71170.jpg

Humberto Ramos

IMG_20150725_155132_420_zpsus9m5uje.jpg

Skottie Young

IMG_20150725_155714_048_zpsrfnb6snx.jpg

Awesome pickup Creamy! And an awesome cousin to boot!

While at Tampa Bay Comic Con today a close friend asked me why I haven't been as active on the boards as I use to. His question made me think, and actually confirmed the fact I haven't been posting on as much as of lately.

There's a simple, yet complicated answer.

Last year my wife had a "cancer" square. One of her lymph-nodes got infected and to be surgically removed. Initially we thought cancer, but it was ruled out as an acute infection, and she should of felt better within a few months. However, the opposite occurred, she got worse and her body began to go through severe painful stages where she couldn't move for hours.

Fast forward to today. After SEVERAL months of tests and different doctors, my wife was diagnosed with Lupus. For those who don't know what Lupus is, let me put this way, IT SUCKS. Everything can appear fine from the outside, but it breaks you apart from within.

Taking care of her, and changing our way of life has taken priority over my abilities to post daily sketches, or commissions from other artist. Furthermore, we are moving from our current home so that my son can start school at a better location. The last two to three months have been the most challenging at best.

I do have an awesome support system of family members that allows me to travel to some of the bigger shows and hang out with most of you.

I haven't left the CGC forum, or given up on attending shows, but I have slowed down to take care of what's important to me, my family.

But, I will always try my hardest to make things right and battle it out with artists to make sure that every commission requested gets delivered.

I don't want any sympathy PMs, or replies. But I DO want to thank each and everyone of you that has taken a few minutes to ask how my wife is doing. It truly means the world to me.

So, I'll leave it at that, and I'll start to post sketches that I "forgot" to share here.

Thank you all! You are all truly a close nit network of family and friends to me.

You're the reason for my post Robert..

I had fun at Tampa Bay Comic Con, which is quickly becoming a top favorite show for me. I really enjoyed getting sketches for clients again, and picked up a few myself..

First up, a collaborative piece by Kev Hopgood and Bob Layton. Cone to think of it, a true original

Pencils

20150731_153131_zpskl6mgup7.jpg

Inks

20150801_143556_zpshrwzp0ck.jpg

Finals by Hopgood

20150802_151952-1_zpsn0lrpiej.jpg