• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And so.. This happens

86 posts in this topic

Is this DC's answer to Ms. Marvel?

Why don`t they just give them different names, instead of taking names from established heroes?

Why is it only an issue if the new character is of a non white ethnicity? Where is all the Bucky outrage?

You noticed that too? :/

More like.

Going with the popular trend of changing every character black instead of just creating cool new black characters.

I think fans would accept cool new black characters much more then sales gimmicks.

This new Tanya Spears looks interesting. They can probably come up with a better name than Power Girl. 2c

I find her outfit very generic... she looks like a character from a mediocre cartoon.

Why don`t they just give them different names, instead of taking names from established heroes?

Why is it only an issue if the new character is of a non white ethnicity? Where is all the Bucky outrage?

More like.

Going with the popular trend of changing every character black instead of just creating cool new black characters.

I think fans would accept cool new black characters much more then sales gimmicks.

This new Tanya Spears looks interesting. They can probably come up with a better name than Power Girl. 2c

Is it really a sales gimmick? Did Power Girl every sell well?

More like.

Her trade paperbacks sold well on Amazon.com. She had a decent following.

More like.

You're right, every character is black now :o

More like.

"DC is doing 78 sexy Harley variant covers by Campbell next month"

HOW MANY ARE YOU GUYS GETTING? I ORDERED 100 OF EACH

"Look at the new Earth 2 Power Girl"

I HATE GIMMICKS

Yep it's too bad that they can't create a new black character just give em cast off roles...

If they gave them original names they would sell better long-term, then going with quick short-term shiny new number one.

btw. I like the new Ms. Marvel, but imagine if she had her own original name,instead of an old retread b-lister name? It`s not fair to these new characters who get stuck with old names that really never sold.

Just give them their own identity.

So....what happened to the other Power Girl? Did they kill her off?

Reading is fun :baiting:

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries. When an explosion sends the original Power Girl (Karen Starr) back to her home universe, she leaves her legacy to Tanya.

meh whatever. I'll go read some bronze and copper and be happy :)

:foryou:

More like.

Power Girl was never a good seller, and certainly not in tpb. Maybe the first issue with an Adam Hughes cover, but not much after that.

Her last series sold about 16,000 copies a month , ranking her around #141

Image has at least 14 titles that sell more than that!

A typical Power Girl tpb would sell around 1500-1700 copies through Diamond.

The latest She-Hulk tpb sold 3200 copies through Diamond. She-Hulk!

I'm not sure how you tell if it 'sold well' on Amazon, but I show it was ranked #250,403 in Books.

More like.

Power Girl was never a good seller, and certainly not in tpb. Maybe the first issue with an Adam Hughes cover, but not much after that.

I'm not sure how you tell if it 'sold well' on Amazon, but I show it was ranked #250,403 in Books.

In today`s age those are good numbers. Might be better than most Marvel tpb.

Do you have the typical Spider-Man tpb numbers?

More like.

Last ASM trade did 4,999 copies (though remember, the comics inside of it sold 700,000+ copies) and was #41,406 in Amazon Books (over 6X a better ranking)

1,711 is just over 1 per every OTHER Diamond account store.

Power Girl got almost doubled in numbers by She-Hulk. Nuff Said.

More like.

Last ASM trade did 4,999 copies (though remember, the comics inside of it sold 700,000+ copies) and was #41,406 in Amazon Books (over 6X a better ranking)

ASM trade did 4,999 copies

Power Girl trade did 1,711 copies,

Like I said she had a decent following.

Put her in the Justice League movie, and who knows how big(pun intended) her following could get?

:)

More like.

ASM trade did 4,999 copies

Power Girl trade did 1,711 copies,

Like I said she had a decent following.

Put her in the Justice League movie, and who knows how big(pun intended) her following could get?

:)

Half the Diamond accounts are going to order one of anything from Marvel and DC that comes out. She got 1500 copies sold just because she's DC.

Power Girl had ONE thing that brought her a following: a boob window.

This is a dumb move by DC.

Watch this baby crash and burn.