• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And so.. This happens

86 posts in this topic

Is this DC's answer to Ms. Marvel?

Why don`t they just give them different names, instead of taking names from established heroes?

Why is it only an issue if the new character is of a non white ethnicity? Where is all the Bucky outrage?

So....what happened to the other Power Girl? Did they kill her off?

Reading is fun :baiting:

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries. When an explosion sends the original Power Girl (Karen Starr) back to her home universe, she leaves her legacy to Tanya.

Overheard at DC offices:

Ok we gotta do something to boost sales

Tell me something

Ok we need to kill another character or make em black-what route ya think we should go down?

We could kill off Superman

GET THE HELL OUTTA THIS OFFICE

Power girl-she's popular

Define popular

Lotta cosplay action..

Ok well kill or black?

Let's do the black thing-that's hot right now

Yeah-they got that black Captain America guy....

Ok. And make sure to give her an 'attitude'-you know, have her talk hip and stuff. "I ain't be got no weapon'-stuff like that.

Why don`t they just give them different names, instead of taking names from established heroes?

Is it that hard to come up with new character names?

:gossip:

No. I know it`s just another sales gimmick, as to why they can`t come up with new character names.

;)

Maybe they are passing the Torch.

Did we really need another Robin?

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries. When an explosion sends the original Power Girl (Karen Starr) back to her home universe, she leaves her legacy to Tanya.

That makes no sense.

Power Girl (Karen Star) is from Earth-2 If Tanya is from Earth two as well then where the Hell to Karen Starr go to?

And make sure to give her an 'attitude'-you know, have her talk hip and stuff. "I ain't be got no weapon'-stuff like that.

Sweet Christmas! :ohnoez:

lol thats a line from Hollywood Shuffle

meh whatever. I'll go read some bronze and copper and be happy :)

Why is it only an issue if the new character is of a non white ethnicity? Where is all the Bucky outrage?

You noticed that too? :/

More like.

Going with the popular trend of changing every character black instead of just creating cool new black characters.

I think fans would accept cool new black characters much more then sales gimmicks.

This new Tanya Spears looks interesting. They can probably come up with a better name than Power Girl. 2c