• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art group meeting on Long Island, NY

6 posts in this topic

Date: Tuesday, January 13th, 2015

Time: 7pm - 8pm

Address: 76 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park, NY 11596

We have a core of about seven collectors that have been meeting monthly and want to expand the group. Each month we bring a few pieces: covers, interior pages, sketchbooks, commissions, paintings, CGC signature series sketch covers.

Come on down with a special piece(s) from your collection and share your collecting story or ask another attendee one of theirs.

Special thanks to John and Dan at Grasshopper's comics for generously allowing us to use the store for each meeting.

Note: New books that are to be released Wednesday are not available for purchase due to their distributor's policy.

Save this post as one of your Watched Topics to be notified before each meeting.

James

Contact me through CGC messaging for additional information, if needed.

Hi James! I am glad to see your invitation here; I had been invited by Jeff already as well. I am looking forward to coming and plan on bringing two portfolios of assorted art. It should be fun to spend some time with like-minded individuals. Thanks again for the invitation!

Anyone else?

I'd love to come, but being in the city makes this a bit difficult. Someday, gents.

I am coming from central Jersey! I am leaving work early to go to the comic book store.

Cool. Bird, we are happy to expand the group. I am resisting the temptation to visit your CAF Gallery so I can see them in person first.

ComicsNYC22, another time. Grasshopper's Comics is two blocks from the Williston Park LIRR train station for convenient travel from the city.

I am bringing a few new pieces received in 2015 that I haven't put up because at least one person follows my gallery and I like to surprise them. It's not really a big surprise as whenever I get a new piece they assume (correctly) it is a Terry Moore piece. This one is a Racel Rising cover that is to be published. Fingers crossed that Fedex delivers it on time Monday.

Anyone else?

James

Next meeting is Tuesday, February 17 at Grasshopper's Comics.from 7-8 pm.

The store is a short walk from the Williston Park LIRR train station.

I am not able to attend this month but there should be a nice turnout.

James