• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this magic marker bleed through?

16 posts in this topic

If the color is not along the top of the pages, but only on the cover, it would be suspect. The spray would have cover the top edge of the pages since the color extends along the top of the cover. Do you have a photo of the top edge of the comic? It looks suspicious to me.

Based on the pictures, it looks suspicious to me. I'm using one of my comics with overspray to illustrate why I don't think it is distributor ink. Notice the overspray on the front cover.

overspray1_zps765db8b9.jpg

And the back cover.

overspray5_zps6518c577.jpg

Now take a look at the inside front cover

overspray2_zpsb74013ef.jpg

Here's the splash page with a little ink along the top of the page.

overspray3_zps8a676566.jpg

Here's the top edge

overspray4_zpsf069a2cf.jpg

I didn't scan the back inside cover or the last page but they were similar to the front.

The comic in question must have been heavily sprayed to get that much showing on the inside cover. Where is the ink that should be showing on the first page?

Is there any ink on the top edge of the comic? Is there any overspray on the back cover? You would think there would be some ink on the Marvel banner since it's close to the edge on such heavy overspray. I think there should be more ink showing up due to what’s showing on the inside cover. It should be evident in the other areas. Of course it could be the angle of the spray and how it was stacked, but still more ink should show up along the top of the comic and interior.

I would have asked for more pictures.

There's no way to know. If it is CT, the toucher may have stopped before addresing the spine, perhaps realizing his CT looked like poop. It might be distributor spray, but it's too tough to tell from these photos. Either way, that much bleed through and ink is on the fugly side to me and there's plenty of other copies out there.

I am pretty sure that is color touch bleed through, hard to say with any certainty without seeing the top of the book's pages.if the top of the pages are marked with ink, it wouldn't be bleed through but if the top of the book's pages and the back cover are untouched, I'd say it was color touched.

Good thing you didn't bid on it.

I am pretty sure that is color touch bleed through, hard to say with any certainty without seeing the top of the book's pages.if the top of the pages are marked with ink, it wouldn't be bleed through but if the top of the book's pages and the back cover are untouched, I'd say it was color touched.

Good thing you didn't bid on it.

Yeah, I now think not bidding was the right choice since there is too much risk without better pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to ask for more pictures.