• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

Sales figures in a few months will tell us.

Issues 2-4 will really tell the tale I think.

Judging on local sales only Silk was under ordered and sold out in first 2 days. Spider Gwen was much more heavily ordered and will probably sell out this weekend.

I suspect on just the regular issue that Gwen is close to 20K higher then Silk will be.

The variants should make you think about the buying pools here. Are they being produced as a title to build an audience or as a variant money making machine. When I view it that was the decision is pretty easy.

Id like to hear from Conquest Comics and Larry as they are some larger retail stores and can give us some good insight into the sales of these two books.

Are they being produced as a title to build an audience or as a variant money making machine.

Both.

Paper media is currently under siege from digital media.

Digital media is beating the eyes shut of Newspapers, magazines, ect.

Paper comics are under siege from digital media.

Print is currently going toe to toe with digital.

Why? Comics are collectable. People actually want to possess them.

Digital has become a feeder system to print comics bringing in new bodies.

Regular issues, digital, trades build a reader base.

Variants satisfy the collector.

Comics are collectable.

So in your store how did sales of regular issues of Silk and Gwen go? Sold out of both or either?

I have heard 70-80K for Silk #1 and ~200K for S-G.

-slym

That is my prediction as well and IMO that is one reason Silk will be the long term winner.

IF either of them is a winner, but yeah, just on print run alone its difficult to see S-G holding up long term.

That is my prediction as well and IMO that is one reason Silk will be the long term winner.

IF either of them is a winner, but yeah, just on print run alone its difficult to see S-G holding up long term.

If SG is more popular, then larger print run won't matter.

;)

-slym

If SG is more popular, then larger print run won't matter.

;)

-slym

I disagree 200 k is a ton of copies. Plus its 200 k for a first series issue that isn't a first appearance. Fail.

Silk #1 isn't her first appearance either.

;)

-slym

They hype sure is acting like it though isn't it? That should give you some long term intuition. Gwen is about 85 percent hype - take that away she is a What If character so far. 2c

Of course she is, haven't you seen What If #24? :P

;)

-slym

They hype sure is acting like it though isn't it? That should give you some long term intuition. Gwen is about 85 percent hype - take that away she is a What If character so far. 2c

Only 85%?

;)

-slym

Only 85%?

I was being modest. lol