• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

I'm team none of them honestly, since I don't read Marvel Comics, but:

Spider-Gwen thread 140 pages

Silk thread = 27 pages

That paints a good picture at least amongst boardies, right?

Then prices on eBay paint a second picture and it's pretty clear that the heroine in slippers is winning so far. Let's see if that trend remains in the long run. I doubt it and think peeps are overpaying for all those variants, but we'll hafta wait and see.

Silk has the better potential of the two. S-G is the most over-hyped comic event I've seen in a long time, though that may be due in part to my having a front row seat to the frenzy here on the boards.

Time will tell. I hope they're both good. It isn't just on the boards though. My LCS ordered at least 100 of of the regular covers and were down to about 50 copies Wednesday night and maybe 15 beat up (VF-) copies were left yesterday afternoon. There are at least 7 threads that mention Gwen on the Spider-man boards on CBR. They rarely talk about books like Saga or East of West but this big all over.

Sales figures in a few months will tell us.

Issues 2-4 will really tell the tale I think.

Judging on local sales only Silk was under ordered and sold out in first 2 days. Spider Gwen was much more heavily ordered and will probably sell out this weekend.

I suspect on just the regular issue that Gwen is close to 20K higher then Silk will be.

The variants should make you think about the buying pools here. Are they being produced as a title to build an audience or as a variant money making machine. When I view it that was the decision is pretty easy.

Id like to hear from Conquest Comics and Larry as they are some larger retail stores and can give us some good insight into the sales of these two books.

Sales figures in a few months will tell us.

Issues 2-4 will really tell the tale I think.

Judging on local sales only Silk was under ordered and sold out in first 2 days. Spider Gwen was much more heavily ordered and will probably sell out this weekend.

I suspect on just the regular issue that Gwen is close to 20K higher then Silk will be.

The variants should make you think about the buying pools here. Are they being produced as a title to build an audience or as a variant money making machine. When I view it that was the decision is pretty easy.

Id like to hear from Conquest Comics and Larry as they are some larger retail stores and can give us some good insight into the sales of these two books.

Are they being produced as a title to build an audience or as a variant money making machine.

Both.

Paper media is currently under siege from digital media.

Digital media is beating the eyes shut of Newspapers, magazines, ect.

Paper comics are under siege from digital media.

Print is currently going toe to toe with digital.

Why? Comics are collectable. People actually want to possess them.

Digital has become a feeder system to print comics bringing in new bodies.

Regular issues, digital, trades build a reader base.

Variants satisfy the collector.

Comics are collectable.