• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

Getting harder (impossible) to find ASM 4 locally....the regular cover is way way undervalued at $20

1st Cindy Moon (ASM 1) getting no love.

Last Friday I picked up an ASM4 for $5 and could not believe it was just sitting there on the rack. This was my second copy as I picked one up a month back for the same price.

Today, I went in and the price was $20.

Looking forward to where it goes from here!

I bought a copy of asm4 for a $1 at a show last week.

I found a small stack of them at the half off book store the other day. I bought all of them and the guy behind the counter looked at me suspiciously and asked why I wanted so many copies. I told him she was my favorite character, even though in reality I don't like her yet. lol

I have a reg cover for #4 that I got because of my pull list.

I keep going back and forth on the JSC variant(s).

I wish it was Silk, and not Black Cat....

+1

It would be melting ebay's servers if Silk was on that cover

Just proves that Silk was an oversight.

Silk #1 ComicsPro are moving steadily at 175/per

I seriously have a very bad feeling about this

What's the bad feeling?

Is it a good bad feeling or a bad bad feeling...?

Its a bad bad feeling.. Obviously someone is sitting on hundreds - maybe a thousand of these, and leaking them slowly.. This is just like the Bunkers comicspro, and like most variants of popular books that appear to have a low distribution persona.. Greg Horn Gamestop spidey comes to mind as well..

My personal advice is, if you believe in the sustainability of the character, buy ASM#4 reg cover.. You could get 12-15 copies for the price of one comicspro..

If you believe in the character, THIS WILL BE THE BOOK TO OWN, regardless of print run..

But it seems that sellers are not eager to sell those at a premium which is the only reason im holding off on this..

Just my gut feeling

Haven't seen a Comicspro under $175 the last day or so......I'd like to have one but not feeling it at that price.

For the love of those 4 am slippers.. Please dont do it Krighton.. Otherwsie Ill start calling you craycray-ton :ohnoez:

nah, no chance, I'm raising money for a PS4 to replace all our dying video consoles.