• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to get a comicspro Silk #1 at 175, should I do it? eBay prices are all over the place for this one ranging from 50 to 225. Thoughts?

$50?? Just saw that too.

Got snapped up the instant it hit searches. That price is not indicative of the others. That person did no research on what the book was selling for. The average low is around $150-$160 and that is just because people are BINing them at that price. Notice there are no BINs now. People snatch them up and auctions go over $200

Unless you want it for your personal collection wait a few weeks for the price to stabilize. In the short term they aren't going to sky rocket yet.

Depends, print run was only 200 on them. Can you imagine if there had been a Gwen comicspro, people would be mortgaging their houses to get one.

Unless you want it for your personal collection wait a few weeks for the price to stabilize. In the short term they aren't going to sky rocket yet.

Depends, print run was only 200 on them. Can you imagine if there had been a Gwen comicspro, people would be mortgaging their houses to get one.

lol

True story.

I still think these will come down in price in a month or two.

lol

True story.

Has there been a Comicspro Variant that has maintained value??? (shrug)

lol

True story.

Has there been a Comicspro Variant that has maintained value??? (shrug)

New 52 Detective #1 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Only ever saw a couple at shops and they were hammered

So locally Silk is long gone.

Spider Gwen is still sitting on the shelf with at least 20+ normal copies and about 10 young variants.

This doesn't mean it hasn't sold well its just a view of how each were ordered.

Might be what we all have been suspecting on print runs of Silk versus Gwen. I'll go out on a limb and say Gwen was double the print run of Silk #1. hm