• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk appreciation thread - ongoing series

669 posts in this topic

seen both variants for Silk, neither i felt were so WOW that i had to jump on them. however i did end up picking up 2 copies of the regular # 1 issue.

hopefully its a good read, if not then just something to hold onto.

the WOW factor is the low number of variants...best cover is the regular...I had to read it twice to appreciate it....the art grows on you.

That's not the case for me.... i need to be WOWED to spend $15 or so bucks on a variant cover when the regular is usually $2.99 to $3.99. Deathstroke sorrentino variant , Amazing Spider-man martin variant, Spidey 2099 Leonardi variant, they all WOWED me. i didn't mind spending the extra coin for it.

I have to agree with the regular cover looking better then the variants. the skottie young baby covers to me seem to have lost their novelty.

I don't know how your experience has been with Hastings, but I tried ordering direct from them before and it was a disaster. Shoved the books into a box that was too big with with a bit of paper stuffed in. They slid around all over the place and showed up a mangled mess. To their credit, they did take them back.

I have been watching Silk sales on ebay today. Most interesting. Books priced just over the last sold price seem to sell in a snap. My question, since I don't get out much is...Do all variants perform this way on day one? Is Silk1 just flavor of the week?

$100 for the 1:25 just now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silk-1-1-25-Stacy-Lee-Variant-NM-Flawless-Copy-First-Printing-Spider-Verse-/201291038018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edde17d42&nma=true&si=WC1ZfurfW3GmvGMGLeR3k%252B%252FRi6o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557