• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has This Forum Affected Your Work Performance?

55 posts in this topic

Since I love reading, talking about, and collecting comic books so much, I keep finding myself clicking on the update button on this forum to read the latest news, scandal, etc. I try and limit my reading and posting to my lunch time only, but it's so easy to just click in and out without anyone noticing during business hours.

Does anyone else feel that this forum is affecting their work production? I'm just curious to see how some people balance their work requirements with posting on the CGC forum or checking out the latest eBay or Comiclink sales.

Yes, in the last year I have spent more late nights and weekends at the office to finish my work than I care to count! frustrated.gif I remember one point last year when I had a filing deadline coming up and I had to just shut off the computer and dictate a good chunk of the brief I was writing because there was some big, fascinating to-do going on at the boards and my CGC-Jones wouldn't let me stay away. This place is a blessing and a curse. cloud9.gif893censored-thumb.gif It's like electronic heroin. And those of you who post scans of your sick, high-grade books are not helping!

I agree with FFB - this place is addictive. I now spend far too much time staring at a computer screen and as a consequence my brain hurts.

But on the bright side, I now have comic collecting pals on five continents and in almost every major city in the US. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This place is very addicting. I don't post as much as some others, but tend to glance at almost every thread. There's just so much information on these boards, interesting people, and all the great scans, that I don't want to miss anything. I usually have a browser window open just for these boards at work.

I agree with FFB - this place is addictive. I now spend far too much time staring at a computer screen and as a consequence my brain hurts.

But on the bright side, I now have comic collecting pals on five continents and in almost every major city in the US. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yep, it's addictive for a reason - intelligent discourse about the medium that matters.

Yep, it's addictive for a reason - intelligent discourse about the medium that matters.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Yes, this place is addictive and i do tend to waste some, ok, most of my planning time reading this board. But, some of you hit the nail on the head with three points:

1- I now have people that I know across the country that i can talk to and buy/sale/trade comics with acclaim.gif

2- There is a TON of info here, some good, some great, some not so, but a lot of info 893applaud-thumb.gif

3- I have learned to type much faster insane.gif

My saving grace is that I have a payroll, and don't have to answer to another for my paycheck. With me,I'm caught up right now waiting for inspections to get passed so I can schedule the sheet-rock to be installed. I have two houses at this point, so my free time has increased. Also, it's been to cold here in coastal NC to play golf. I also feel a camaradiere(sp) here with people who share a common passion, and the knowledge of the hobby we all love. Peace-CC.

Now I know what it means when they say the hand is quicker than the eye. I've probably developed the fastest right mouse button click motion in the midwest. If I even feel someone behind me, I'm back to my original work related screen in a milli-second. Also, thank goodness the CGC forum doesn't give us those stupid pop-up adds. I hate it when I'm checking out some baseball scores, then quickly run to the restroom, only to come back and see a large pop-add of a swimsuit model on my screen (how embarassing). blush.gif

Anyway, at least I'm not dying of boredom like I used to during slow work days. thumbsup2.gif

Yes, my wife has complained repeatedly about my lack of performance...

Oh.. wait... you said WORK performance didnt you?

Crahp....

Never mind.

foreheadslap.gif

Ze-

sign-funnypost.gif

Intelligent discourse?

Here?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif