• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON March 20-22/15 - Presented by Fan Expo HQ

76 posts in this topic

I will be heading up on Sunday. If there are any Doctor Who fans here, not only is Karen Gillan going to be there, but some friends of mine have a fan made Doctor Who audio drama they have created, Doctor Who Dark Journey, and they will be at the show promoting it.

Oh yeah and I'm going to buy lots of comics!!!!!!!!!

I will be heading up on Sunday. If there are any Doctor Who fans here, not only is Karen Gillan going to be there, but some friends of mine have a fan made Doctor Who audio drama they have created, Doctor Who Dark Journey, and they will be at the show promoting it.

Oh yeah and I'm going to buy lots of comics!!!!!!!!!

Stop by booth 922, Forest City Coins. (thumbs u

I'm coming regardless. This looks more like an actual comic show then the one in Aug.

I'll be by all the comic booths to check out everyone's inventory.

See you again, very soon. (thumbs u

Booth 922. :gossip:

Do any boardies have any pull here where me and my family can by-pass that horrible slow line, I would buy the tickets, I just don't want to wait 4 hours in line (shrug)

Sorry, my man. :foryou:

Do any boardies have any pull here where me and my family can by-pass that horrible slow line, I would buy the tickets, I just don't want to wait 4 hours in line (shrug)

Sorry, my man. :foryou:

I bought tickets hopefully they are more efficient in moving crowds this time.

If I get in I will stop by the booth (thumbs u

Can we please have a list of the exhibitors?

Bueller Bueller ....

Agreed. I find it so difficult to find an exhibitor list on most Con websites.

Tiz, got an exhibitor list?

A shout out to Andy at Forest City, thanks for helping me strike one off the list. (thumbs u

Had to run so was unable to make it back to your table, the sea of people pushed me out! :facepalm:

If I have a chance to drop by again this weekend, will certainly stop by sir :applause:

I went today, the line was long but it moved quickly, got there at 4 was in by 4:30. (had advanced tix). Time flies when you are flipping through long boxes. I went there today with some specific books in mind and was disappointed by the availability of what I was looking for compared to last summer. Mainly wanted to pickup some pre-code horror (E.C.) and fill in some blanks in my post-Byrne Uncanny X-Men run. Out of all the vendors only 1 mil comix inc. had any of the horror books, not even Harley Yee had any with him this time. Anyways I managed to find a nice copy of Crypt #34 from 1 mil at a good price and also shoutout to the lone guy dealing to the right of them against the wall with all his short boxes - forgot to get his name and I don't think he has a store, but he has great books and was giving deals left and right. Picked up Caliber Crow #2-4 (someone had just snagged #1 before I got there for a steal of a price) and all the X-mens I needed from him for reasonable prices.

Have fun this weekend all, see you next time.

I didn't need any help to get in....the show was pretty slow (shrug)

Some of the big dealers came with smaller booths and way less inventory, if you were looking for any silver or bronze.

Andy from Forest City had the best selection of silver and bronze from what I saw .

The show stills lacks inventory like the big show in the States.

It is a shame.... we are the 4th largest city in North America and we cant get any large dealers from the States to come because it is too much of a hassle to deal with Canadian customs. rantrant

Some of the big dealers came with smaller booths and way less inventory, if you were looking for any silver or bronze.

Andy from Forest City had the best selection of silver and bronze from what I saw .

It is a shame.... we are the 4th largest city in North America and we cant get any large dealers from the States to come because it is too much of a hassle to deal with Canadian customs. rantrant

Where in the US could someone come from that it would be reasonable for them to set up in Toronto?

Where in the US could someone come from that it would be reasonable for them to set up in Toronto?

In the 80's people use to come from New York and Chicago and further to the old Hilton shows on Richmond which drew way less population then your current Fan Expo and they came.

Am I mistaken are there not boardies that travel across the whole U.S. and set up at shows far from their point of residence e.g. dealer from New York setting up at San Diego (shrug)