• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first OS guide

106 posts in this topic

But just to let you know, I plan on getting the 2005. I've found it a handy tool when searching on eBay or when thinking about selling my own books. I could have used my usual website for this purpose as well, but I found it handier to have a book in front of me on the desk rather than flipping back and forth between web pages insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It only took us a couple days to turn you, Kendall. smile.gif

Once you've checked it out more, you'll wonder how you ever "survived" without one. It's great for just what you mentioned above (quick reference). Just imagaine how helpful it is at a convention.

Plus, how else would you be able to participate in our annual "What do you think of the New OS?" thread? It's great! We get to [#@$%!!!] and moan even more than normal. devil.gif

Not to mention, you don't want to take your laptop to the can with you. The OS Guide is perfect bathroom reading, IMO. I cannot express enough how much I love my guide. Couldn't go a week without it. Let alone a year.

Can't decide between the Iron Man or Teen Titans cover this year. Are both available in LCS's, or is one the Big cover or retailer cover?

.....I did find the Victorian Section though.[/b] devil.gif

poke2.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Maybe you'd get less flack over that if you made it the "Victorian's Secret" section. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I never even realized there was a market for corsetts and chastity belts? confused.gif

You need to get out more.

I can't believe a comic book fan would say something like this. Isn't that why we're all on this board are all comic fans? Because we never leave our homes? grin.gif I'd say we all need to get out more, myself included 27_laughing.gif

I love the Guide - bought my first in 1986 and bought most of them since.

I personally really value having the Victorian Age in - gives our a hobby a historical context - and is perhaps not interesting to most of you guys as comics were invented in Europe... Suggest getting more marketing info in there though.

Love the markets reports - Doug Sulipa writes the best one every year.

Not too bothered about the prices - the information is far more valuable - though would agree on most a few bits need updating. Arnold, why not open the doors a little more to easily get changes in? Some text, like the "prices vary widely" sections have been around since that first guide I bought...

Would love to see fanzines included.

And I like the scarcity idea suggested in these threads somewhere.

Overall though... I love it!!! laugh.gif

p.s. however, while I'm on about Overstreet - I do wish the monthly OS magazine, great as it is, would REMOVE THAT F***ING DECIMAL POINT from the listings. Cents aren't important. It looks messy!!! frown.gif

.....I did find the Victorian Section though.[/b] devil.gif

poke2.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Maybe you'd get less flack over that if you made it the "Victorian's Secret" section. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I never even realized there was a market for corsetts and chastity belts? confused.gif

foreheadslap.gif