• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grades with a Twist

50 posts in this topic

I will post 3 different books which were purchased from three different venues. One was from Ebay which was advertised as a NM. One was from my LCS which we thought was a VF. And the last one from Heritage which was advertised as a NM-. I didnt include back cover scans, because IMO there was really nothing that would stick out to sway your guess. I will post the grades early next week.

If by some crazy wild chance anyone guesses the correct grades and from whom the books were bought I will send him a Modern CGC book as a prize.

Here we go

av27.jpg

x40.jpg

spidey122.jpg

My guess and hoping that you got a great deal on EBAY for the Avengers. I also picked the high side of my guess range for all copies while looking at the glass half full.

Avengers 9.4 Ebay

X-Men 40 8.0 LCS

SM 122 8.5 Heritage

I will post 3 different books which were purchased from three different venues. One was from Ebay which was advertised as a NM. One was from my LCS which we thought was a VF. And the last one from Heritage which was advertised as a NM-. I didnt include back cover scans, because IMO there was really nothing that would stick out to sway your guess. I will post the grades early next week.

If by some crazy wild chance anyone guesses the correct grades and from whom the books were bought I will send him a Modern CGC book as a prize.

Avengers 27 was the Heritage NM- / CGC grade = 9.6

X Men 40 was LCS VF / CGC grade = 9.0

ASM 122 was eBay NM / CGC grade = 8.5

hi.gif