• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What could one expect to pay for a page out of Superman 75 (Vol 2)

37 posts in this topic

This series made an impression, of course. Was one of the last "big reads" during my main reading/collecting days. About 10-12 years ago I was able to acquire the cover to Superman 76 and have never regretted it. A piece of history! So, I can see the appeal and why this run is really starting to heat up, now 20 years later.

Funny, I remember many many moons ago you posted that on the comicart-l. Ive always wondered if it still resided in your collection.

I myself have one of the original Doomsday covers. (Justice League America 69) The hoops I had to jump through to get it is still the largest goose chase ive ever gone on for a piece of art.

I demand photos of both :)

Funny, I remember many many moons ago you posted that on the comicart-l. Ive always wondered if it still resided in your collection.

I myself have one of the original Doomsday covers. (Justice League America 69) The hoops I had to jump through to get it is still the largest goose chase ive ever gone on for a piece of art.

I demand photos of both :)

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=75303

:cloud9:

I personally would love to see the scan of supes 76 again!

this along with knightfall, and the infinity guantlet were amongst the highlights of the early 90's.

there's got to be a good amount of demand for these pages.

Totally agree! Wasn't so much into Knightfall, but IG was my favorite story arc at that time and got me into reading all the early Starlin CM run from the 70s. I purchased the IG #3 cover from Mike Lovitz a long long time ago, I think 13 years ago, and that one is another cover I'll never regret getting. Bill Woo still owns four of the six covers, I think. And last I checked Albert owned the #2, but he may have sold it by now. What a great series. Really brought Thanos into mainstream.

this along with knightfall, and the infinity guantlet were amongst the highlights of the early 90's.

there's got to be a good amount of demand for these pages.

Totally agree! Wasn't so much into Knightfall, but IG was my favorite story arc at that time and got me into reading all the early Starlin CM run from the 70s. I purchased the IG #3 cover from Mike Lovitz a long long time ago, I think 13 years ago, and that one is another cover I'll never regret getting. Bill Woo still owns four of the six covers, I think. And last I checked Albert owned the #2, but he may have sold it by now. What a great series. Really brought Thanos into mainstream.

What didn't grab you about Knightfall? Out of the three it's the one I enjoyed the most, more so if I read it as Knightfall parts 1 & 2 skipping Knightquest The Search / Crusade (which I thought was the weakest part of the story) and moving directly to Knightsend.

Yea seriously guys if you have the covers for MOS #76 and JL #69 its time to show them off

I've been collecting the multiple print versions of these covers over the last few months but to own the actual original is just not fair to the rest of us

Now show'em!!

Please

Yea seriously guys if you have the covers for MOS #76 and JL #69 its time to show them off

I've been collecting the multiple print versions of these covers over the last few months but to own the actual original is just not fair to the rest of us

Now show'em!!

Please

Mine is Superman #76, the funeral for a friend issue right after Superman #75 that depicts everyone standing on the daily planet, a large image of Batman, and them throwing superman's cape down. I will try to dig up a scan, or take a photo of it and post.

Now show'em!!

Please

Mine is Superman #76, the funeral for a friend issue right after Superman #75 that depicts everyone standing on the daily planet, a large image of Batman, and them throwing superman's cape down. I will try to dig up a scan, or take a photo of it and post.

That's probably in my top 5 Jurgens covers/images even without considering it's historic value !

Now show'em!!

Please

mcamti.jpg

And there's more DoS related artwork in my gallery of the same name...

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=75303

Such a sweet cover :)

I made a WTB thread in the OA Marketplace - and feel free to send me a PM if you have an interior page from Jurgens that is DOS related (i.e., Funeral for a Friend, Reign of Supermen, or Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey).

To the posters who own the covers (AC684, Superman 76, and JLA 69) - those are just such great pieces - Congrats!

I made a WTB thread in the OA Marketplace - and feel free to send me a PM if you have an interior page from Jurgens that is DOS related (i.e., Funeral for a Friend, Reign of Supermen, or Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey).

To the posters who own the covers (AC684, Superman 76, and JLA 69) - those are just such great pieces - Congrats!

Did someone post the Action 684 cover? Maybe I missed it, but I'm not seeing that one in the thread. That might be my favorite DOS cover.

Did someone post the Action 684 cover? Maybe I missed it, but I'm not seeing that one in the thread. That might be my favorite DOS cover.

I have a recreation of this cover in my CAF gallery. A fellow boardie member did it and it looks amazing

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1138084&GSub=152400