• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post up your wins from this months ComicLink auction!

161 posts in this topic

The nice thing is they only charge $20 for up to 10 slabs which is great considering the insurance cost has to be high. I unfortunately bought 11 books so my shipping was $30 which is still not bad.

It seems a little bit of a dis-incentive for people only buying (or without the pockets deep enough to buy more than) a couple books to still charge $20. It's almost not even worth it unless you buy at least 4 books in the same auction.

But I guess that's a way for them to make up the money on insurance. By getting 9 people that buy 1 book each to pay the same rate as 1 guy that buys 9 books to spread out the insurance cost.

It's Obamacare for shipping! :jokealert:

If you're aware of the shipping charges going in, you have nothing to complain about.

If you find out after the fact, you only get to complain once.

This is true, totally agree. However, they apparently changed it while the auction was in progress. I think I am entitled to argue, as you state, once.

It seems a little bit of a dis-incentive for people only buying (or without the pockets deep enough to buy more than) a couple books to still charge $20. It's almost not even worth it unless you buy at least 4 books in the same auction.

But I guess that's a way for them to make up the money on insurance. By getting 9 people that buy 1 book each to pay the same rate as 1 guy that buys 9 books to spread out the insurance cost.

If you buy 3 slabs then that's only $6.65 per slab which is pretty good. Two slabs for $20 is a bit steep but definitely not completely out of this world. One slab for $20 is crazy high unless the book is in the $1,000s of dollars.

If you buy 3 slabs then that's only $6.65 per slab which is pretty good. Two slabs for $20 is a bit steep but definitely not completely out of this world. One slab for $20 is crazy high unless the book is in the $1,000s of dollars.

I just checked online, for a Fedex Ground Delivery (which they use) the cost of shipping my two books would be 10.64 . Having said that, I agree with Columbia, that if I know this going in, I don't have the right to complain. My issue is they made the change during the timeframe of the auction.

No E-Mails, no announcements, just snuck it in. I believe I have a legitimate complaint for this occurrence. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Any predictions ?

I just checked online, for a Fedex Ground Delivery (which they use) the cost of shipping my two books would be 10.64 . Having said that, I agree with Columbia, that if I know this going in, I don't have the right to complain. My issue is they made the change during the timeframe of the auction.

No E-Mails, no announcements, just snuck it in. I believe I have a legitimate complaint for this occurrence. I'm waiting to hear back from them. Any predictions ?

What was the cost before?

For me; the previous cost was $15; new cost is $20. Both times were for 4 slabs.

Psy

15.00 . Can I afford the extra 5.00 ? Yes, but it's the principal here. The rules of the game should not be changed during the game.

15.00 . Can I afford the extra 5.00 ? Yes, but it's the principal here. The rules of the game should not be changed during the game.

I completely agree the shipping increase should have been announced on the web site prior to the increase going into effect. The increase could have been on one of the banners on the site but I never noticed it.

If that's the case, I agree with you Bob. they should honor all the old shipping rates one last time and then make a change. No announcement is needed though; I do believe a clearly defined shipping and handling page should be added (or edited for clarification).

Comiclink and Heritage continue to get my business for a reason. No matter their hiccups, which occurs from time to time, those hiccups do not compare to the consistent dry heaves that occur with a couple of other auction houses. I depend on CLink Heritage and eBay for my comic needs.

Comiclink and Heritage continue to get my business for a reason. No matter their hiccups, which occurs from time to time, those hiccups do not compare to the consistent dry heaves that occur with a couple of other auction houses. I depend on CLink Heritage and eBay for my comic needs.

I like Comiclink, I'm not saying anything against therm as a company. I just think the implementation of a shipping increase was not thought out or implemented very well. I brought this up here because I wanted to find out if anyone else noticed it, maybe I was doing something procedural wrong during checkout.

Funniest thing I just shipped a 23LB box of slabs to Clink tomight (approx. 15-20 slabs) Cost me $14.97 Priority

You got some splainin' to do!

I'm a little bit curious about that myself.