• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 4 vs 5 - Size Difference?

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why the Superman 4 seems to be in a different size case? Initially I thought that the 4 was shorter than the 5, but side by side they look the same. I'm guessing that the 4 is in a longer case of roughly the same width as the 5. Both are in tomorrow's CLink auction.

Sorry - In preview mode they're side by side and look the same height. When I post for others to view the 5 drops below the 4.

Mike

Superman%204_zpsifgv21l0.jpgSuperman%205_zpsrwq75hlz.jpg

Almost looks like the 4 is in a magazine case.... GA books can vary in size, maybe it was slightly too large for a standard GA slab......? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Personally, I refuse to buy comics slabbed in mag cases. Just too unwieldy and they look so out of place among the ranks. I'm probably the minority opinion in this regard, or maybe I just care too much, but if by chance I picked one up I'd be cracking it out asap.

I really hate those mag slabs but would likely just crack lower grade books out and keep the labels. That Speed #2 is begging for freedom!

What about higher grades?

AllFlash2_zps722e3df9.jpg

A GA White pager? It would take the guts of a burglar to crack that one.