• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Fan Fest - March 2015

51 posts in this topic

Well, they have three celebrities,including Karen Gillan, showing on the web page

Gillan and Bauer should draw interest, but Karyn Parsons was at WWNO and had zero line. Not to mention that any celeb available on six weeks notice is either not that hot or is just as likely to cancel at the 11th hour as show up.

Well, they have three celebrities,including Karen Gillan, showing on the web page

Gillan and Bauer should draw interest, but Karyn Parsons was at WWNO and had zero line. Not to mention that any celeb available on six weeks notice is either not that hot or is just as likely to cancel at the 11th hour as show up.

I'm surprised they got anyone, frankly. The only thing I care about is seeing which, if any, dealers show up. I couldn't care less about the celebrities

I'm surprised they got anyone, frankly. The only thing I care about is seeing which, if any, dealers show up. I couldn't care less about the celebrities

Like I said on the last page, my guess is that it will be the dealers that committed to do the horror fest that this is replacing. I would bet that that list has a shortage of comic dealers. I'd really want to see a dealer list before I made the effort to head over to this show, unless I had already purchased the weekend pass for the August show and this was free to get into.

I was pretty surprised they got him he must have cleaned up in august there

These guys get an appearance fee from Wizard. Wizard keeps all the money from the autograph fees. If he has one person signing or 1,000, he still gets the same amount of money.

Has anyone heard anything further about this show? Still no list of exhibitors on the Wizard website. I see that they are getting some decent guests, but would like to see a list of decent dealers to make this show worth the drive. I am not expecting WW Chicago or C2E2 in any way, shape or form. I am expecting 1/3-1/4th that to be worth attending (for me).

This is this weekend.

There has been absolutely no buzz about this. A few dealers I know are skipping it because Indianapolis is the following weekend.

I just found out about it. Graham Cracker Comics is setting up. The Exhibitor list shows John Hauser will be there. I may go. It has to be better than the Northwest Indiana show. I'd like to pay more than a dollar for a comic, maybe see a few slabs.

I just went to the comic shop today and asked some people there if they were going.

Not a single person knew about it. There were no flyers in the shop. I hope this does well for the dealers' sakes.

I just went to the comic shop today and asked some people there if they were going.

Not a single person knew about it. There were no flyers in the shop. I hope this does well for the dealers' sakes.

which comic shop was this?