• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Fan Fest - March 2015

51 posts in this topic

This is pretty amazing that they're announcing it this late. It's 6 weeks away!

(Or did they announce it earlier?)

Are they trying to screw over the Indiana Comic Con?

If you have a VIP for the WW Chicago show, you get in for free. If you have a weekend pass for WW Chicago, you get a one day pass for the show.

One Day Pass: $15

Both Days: $25

SAT-SUN.

This makes no sense. Do you mean for the WW Chicago show in August that hasn't put tickets on sale yet? If not, what other WW Chicago is there?

Edit: apparently you can buy WW Chicago tickets already, but there is no mention of this deal anyplace else on the internet that I saw...

This makes no sense. Do you mean for the WW Chicago show in August that hasn't put tickets on sale yet? If not, what other WW Chicago is there?

I saw the original post the other day and did a quick google search. Not much info available, so I was waiting for more info from the OP in case he has some sort of inside track to knowledge on this show.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-fanfestchicago.html

Not surprisingly, the link doesn't show much info. Other than the date, there's absolutely no info on this show. Since I have no idea what to expect, this is a pass for me. Maybe I'll change my mind at the last second, but Wizard is the absolute WORST when it comes to providing show info.

Not to repeat myself, but I still think this is a big F-U to the Indiana Comic Con which happens the following week. I can think of no other reason for them to do this and announce it so late.

Not to repeat myself, but I still think this is a big F-U to the Indiana Comic Con which happens the following week. I can think of no other reason for them to do this and announce it so late.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but this if that is what this is it is really short-sighted, petty, and a huge risk on Wizard's part. Who plans an event of this magnitude with six weeks notice? And they aren't even really giving six weeks notice, as their website still doesn't have this on their list of shows, so you have to know what you're looking for specifically to even search for the ticket site, and buy with zero information on guests. This is the silliest thing imaginable.

If this is going to be a yearly event, I think they may be trying to start a show to compete with C2E2. Not much for Chicago comic fans in the spring other than that show

Agreed, but I am not sure it is competition for C2E2. I imagine that they simply have all their gear in the area because of all the shows in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana in the next 4-6 weeks so they thought they would maximize their potential since there stuff/crew was already in the area. If they change this (frankly asinine) scheduling for next year and avoid the snow belt in the cold months, they'd be silly to keep this date too.

This is nothing vs the Indiana show. Just FYI, they moved the Bruce Campbell show to August because Bruce is going to be filming for his new show, and they didn't want to disappoint fans, so they decided to put this Fan Appreciation event the weekend the Bruce show was going to take place.

But in all seriousness, Hall rental was the issue. Since they moved the Horror fest they didn't want to lose that money, so they decided to throw in this event.

That makes more sense, but it still has "hastily thrown together fiasco" written all over it.

Ah....

Ok.

So much for my conspiracy theory.

Now we just have to see which dealers want to do this on such a short notice.

Probably the same ones committed to do the original Bruce Campbell thing this show is replacing, but depending on how much notice they were given (the original show was postponed to August a few weeks ago) they may have changed their plans. If I were any of them I would use this situation to push for a discounted table rate. This show has failure written all over it.

It has shown up on their schedule page within the last couple of hours as well.

I guess I would've turned this into a horror fest instead of a comic show. If you think most of the dealers would be selling horror themed stuff, just make it something along that line instead of a comic show, no?

I guess I would've turned this into a horror fest instead of a comic show. If you think most of the dealers would be selling horror themed stuff, just make it something along that line instead of a comic show, no?

Is this even a comic show? Do we actually know what this is? ???

For all we know, this is Wizard's way of saying "Thank you for paying a premium for a Chicago show that gets worse and worse each year. Please give us another $25 so you can stand around in an empty convention hall for two days."

It sounds like they're stuck with the convention center for that weekend, so why not try to use it and make back a little bit of money. I would not be surprised if the link to the show (that already has no information on it) goes poof in a couple weeks and the Fan Fest gets cancelled.