• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - a request on behalf of my friends

2 posts in this topic

To my comics peeps - I haven't posted in Comics General in ages, and this is an off topic post, but I hope you'll indulge me this once.

It's important to me.

Ten years ago on March 9th 2005, my longtime friends Sandy and Kristin welcomed their first born and only child, Thomas, into the world.

Errors were made by the hospital. As a result, Sandy and Kristin only had a day to spend with their son before he passed away.

Since then, they have worked to find a way to make sense of this tragedy, and to create some good from it.

For ten years they have declared March 9th as Random Acts of Kindness Day in honour of Thomas. It started as a small movement, and now nearly a thousand people participate.

It doesn't require much effort - just a single act of kindness on March 9th, as simple as making someone smile, holding the door for someone, buying the next person in line a coffee, giving a comic to someone…

For this 10th anniversary, if you can, please join my friends Sandy and Kristin by adding at reminder to your calendar and performing an Act of Kindness on March 9th.

If you're on Facebook (or not), you can read more here - and "like" their page:

March 9th Random Acts of Kindness for Thomas

It would mean a lot to me - and to them. And if it helps to sway you, Sandy is a big comics fan and collector. His collection is all DC, but don't hold that against him. ;)

I'll give this a bump closer to March 9th.

Thanks!

Ten years ago on March 9th 2005, my longtime friends Sandy and Kristin welcomed their first born and only child, Thomas, into the world.

Errors were made by the hospital. As a result, Sandy and Kristin only had a day to spend with their son before he passed away.

So sad. :(