• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 71 (Golden Age) Raw Never Pressed

8 posts in this topic

This comic book is completely raw, never pressed, darn near white pages if I ever seen white pages in a golden age book, bought from a dealer 25 years ago. Would love to get some input on this pretty comic book. Has an extremely tight spine and binding, very clean, no loose staples, some ink smudges on the back cover is the only defect I can see...what grade do you guys think this is?? THANKS!!

Kramer

16173126778_537ce07736_b.jpg

Cap 71 a by jamesbreitbeil, on Flickr

16174871087_d1ba0676bf_b.jpg

16360749935_cd4804ce49_b.jpg

16360748915_b93716c7a0_b.jpg

Cap 71 b by jamesbreitbeil, on Flickr

15738305744_e4663a9a4e_b.jpg

Cap 71 b by jamesbreitbeil, on Flickr

The ink smudges on the back are severe and clearly a defect, but not the only defect. There appears to be some rust around the staples. The top right corner (front and back) is blunted. All corners are rounded and there is average spine stress. The lower left edge of the back shows a tiny tear and from that point on it appears there had been a diagonal crease towards the top edge. Overall there are slight dirt marks and some wear on the outside. Especially near the center of the spine on the front cover. The top edge, between the right corner and the center, there is a small chip. My guess 5.5-6.0, but the ink marks are severe. Not sure how hard this effects the grade. Overall a very nice preserved comic :)

An attractive, structurally sound copy with exceptional page quality, but the stains on the back are going to hit the grade fairly hard. I would agree, around FN, but probably just shy of it.