• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you consign comics to ComicConnect's December auction?

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I'm interested in comparing notes with anyone who consigned lots to CC's December auction. Did you think the site slowness (which they explained as a DDOS attack) affected hammer prices beyond the one day where the auction was rescheduled? Did you contact ComicConnect with your concerns? Did you receive any response or relief?

P.S. I understand they are members here, and that they have many friends here. This isn't a "slam CC thread". I have reached out to them a couple of times with no response, so I'm looking to touch base with and compare notes with other consignors.

Please PM me - thanks

I consigned a few books and even with the hiccup I realized very strong prices on my books, so I really have no complaints other than the minor inconvenience the disruption in service caused.

Hi,

Yes I had 5 Buck Rogers daily strip / Rick Yeager Originals that were sold, I have commented on the slowness / no access before here and I talked to them during the auction and emailed after, they acknowledged they had problems but they have not offered anything which I did not expect. I think I could have gotten higher prices if all bidders could have bid. I think mine were on the first night. Most of the time I could not get access.

They did respond to my telephone call and emails.

Thanks,

Jim

K0HW

I had a dozen items. I was concerned about the problems, but Vincent was quick to respond to emails and texts. I did not feel that the hammer prices were affected by the problems, in fact 6 of the 12 went for more than I estimated. The other 6 were within 15% of my estimates.