• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellblazer: All His Engines

10 posts in this topic

We all know the Hellblazer movie is probably going to suck. So spend your money instead (or until?) on the All His Engines GN. I read it over the last two days and it is probably one of the best Hellblazer stories ever. Highly recommended for fans of horror and John Constantine.

My rating (out of five): hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif.

Just read it yesterday. Sean is on the money. A very good Constantine story. I recommend it.

Manco's art, at times, is vey Bradstreet-ish. It may just be some of the poses he puts John in.

I'm like you, Earl, in that I rarly buy hardcovers (I'm still waiting for the TPB of Planetary Vol. 3 so I can catch up even though there's an HC). I made the exception on this one. I was not disappointed. thumbsup2.gif

I was very tempted on the Absolute Planetary collection especially when Mile High had it on deep discount but passed in the end. I love the production values of Dc’s ‘Absolute’ editions but they sure hurt the wallet.

Regards Earl.

How much is the hardcover, ya know I'm a die hard fan but you also know the screwy.gif prices the comic book companies charge for hard bound material.

I think it's $19.95. It may be $24.95. I didn't feel cheated.

Regardless, it's infinitely better than "Detective No. 27". What a piece of trash. mad.gif

I'm glad I skipped "Detective No. 27" then. Perhaps as a service to our fellow members we should post reviews of high-priced books like Det. 27 and Engines more often.

I'm glad I skipped "Detective No. 27" then. Perhaps as a service to our fellow members we should post reviews of high-priced books like Det. 27 and Engines more often.

Yep. I'll read the reviews.