• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

going to Florida any dealer suggestions?

29 posts in this topic

About an hour and a half. It took me about 2 hours to get there from clearwater last time I went.

Oldsmar & wagon wheel are definetly the better ones if you are specifically looking for comics.

What the heck? Where are you guys finding comics at Wagon Wheel? Every time I go, there's one guy in the middle that has some stuff, but that's about it.

About an hour and a half. It took me about 2 hours to get there from clearwater last time I went.

Oldsmar & wagon wheel are definetly the better ones if you are specifically looking for comics.

What the heck? Where are you guys finding comics at Wagon Wheel? Every time I go, there's one guy in the middle that has some stuff, but that's about it.

My # 1 rule for flea markets....

YARD SALE TABLES first!!! I usually get there around 730 and hit them first. No matter what flea market, yard sale tables are where it's at! That's why I like Webster so much, it's like 75% yard sale tables....

But I know that guy you are talking about at wagon wheel... His pricing is all over the place!

In my hood, (west coast), I find the best deals at general antique dealers that do a lot of estate sales. They generally don't understand them and usually want to "turn and burn" them pretty quickly. They are usually priced $ "each". I have been fairly lucky over the years. Gotta be there as early as possible when the stuff is coming out of the trucks. You snooze, you loose...

Made it to Florida, Hit two Comic book shops, Pikes and emerald,, Pikes is small but cool, picked up some SA marvel,,Emerald is very large but I got FF !4 & 16 in VG for below guide and got to see some very cool but expensive keys,

Made it to 5 flea markets, Mustang , Wagon Wheel, Oldsmar, 49ers and Websters. Very slim pickings,.found about a dozen VG/Fine books at mustang for $2 each, mainly Charlton and Harvey but guide at $10-20 apiece, nothing worthwhile at Wagon Wheel or oldsmar, but found a great record dealer at oldsmar and picked up some Lps.. Hit Websters on Monday but again some dealers with long boxes of modern and ninties , but no SA, left with one Red Ryder comic. No books at 49ers but it was great for other collectibles. It was fun hunting and I dropped off the books I had brought down for grading at CGG so that was an great experience as well. Came home to a foot of snow and my wife started planning the next trip to FLA.

Made it to Florida, Hit two Comic book shops, Pikes and emerald,, Pikes is small but cool, picked up some SA marvel,,Emerald is very large but I got FF !4 & 16 in VG for below guide and got to see some very cool but expensive keys,

Made it to 5 flea markets, Mustang , Wagon Wheel, Oldsmar, 49ers and Websters. Very slim pickings,.found about a dozen VG/Fine books at mustang for $2 each, mainly Charlton and Harvey but guide at $10-20 apiece, nothing worthwhile at Wagon Wheel or oldsmar, but found a great record dealer at oldsmar and picked up some Lps.. Hit Websters on Monday but again some dealers with long boxes of modern and ninties , but no SA, left with one Red Ryder comic. No books at 49ers but it was great for other collectibles. It was fun hunting and I dropped off the books I had brought down for grading at CGG so that was an great experience as well. Came home to a foot of snow and my wife started planning the next trip to FLA.

Awesome, glad to hear that you were able to pick up some items while you were here... That record vender at Oldsmar has some great LPs. He moves a lot of vinyl in and out of that corner booth. A couple rows down towards the back (yard sale tables) is good for early morning comic runs. However, It's that time of year... A lot of venders have packed up and headed north till the fall.

Does anyone on here frequent auctions? They don't have to be here in the Bay Area, anywhere really. I just want to hear your 2c

I work with a guy who primarily collects and sells car/gas memorabilia & Americana... He frequents some local auctions and has been suggesting that I should check them out. I guess you can view items ahead of time online in some cases too.

If you guys have seen my posts over in the Garage Sale/Flea Market thread you know that my collecting is all over the place... But for the most part centers around comics & toys.

What are your thoughts/experiences on or with auctions? Are they really worth the time?