• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mustek scanner question

3 posts in this topic

Good evening! I have a Mustek A3 1200 large-format scanner that I have used for several years without much trouble.

However, for the past couple of days the scanner has been making really loud and unpleasant noises after scanning, when the scanner returns to its starting position. Has anyone else had this problem, and better yet, does anyone know how to treat this?

It could be time for a new scanner, in which case, does anyone has any suggestions that might differ from previous CGC board discussions of large format scanners? Thanks! Best, Lee

The scanners are cheap and I fund they do wear out. You could take the bottom off and see if there is an issue with the belt but putting it back on you might not get it aligned right. I recommend getting a Epson 7610 printer scanner its about $250 bucks scans colur well and you can print with it