• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure 42 Double Cover what to do?

6 posts in this topic

I have recently acquired an Adventure 42 (Second Sandman cover) that was hidden in a box with 1970s over-sized Marvel Treasury Issues. The comic would likely grade 6.5 - 7.0 or so if it weren't for some damage/tears on the spine through both covers. Oh yeah, it's a double-cover! The top part of both covers is firmly attached. The comic is flat, but is a bit "crooked" from years of storage--no spine roll however. The inner cover is spectacular (except for the aforementioned spine damage)

I think this comic is special enough that I would like to have a professional like Susan C. at the restoration lab do something to get it to lie square. I do NOT want to restore this comic, though I believe it could restore to an 8.5 or better--I think that would kill the cachet of such an original comic. I was thinking of getting it CGC'd, but would like it to be square before it goes into a holder.

I don't want the spine to deteriorate any more from repeated opening of the comic. What's the general thought here from others about what I should/should not do with/to this comic?

I have photos, not sure how to get them uploaded to this site.

Thanks,

First time poster, long time hobbiest, Jeff

Post some pics first so we can get a visual. Use photobucket to load the pics and then copy/paste the URL here.

Off hand , I'd say put it in a mylar and board and enjoy it. No need to slab it of you aren't going to sell it. I'd leave it unrestored. If it's crooked, CGC may encapsulate it in a larger magazine slab.

Off hand , I'd say put it in a mylar and board and enjoy it. No need to slab it of you aren't going to sell it. I'd leave it unrestored.

Yup, I agree with this.