• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Fantastic Four #67

13 posts in this topic

Looking for some help on this one - mostly with the discoloration across the front cover title.

There is still gloss on the cover around this area, and the back of the page is uniform (i.e. no bleed through). Not sure exactly what type of defect this is.

There is also a crease across the top-right front cover that is difficult to see b/c of the white cover that breaks color every now and again. I have tried to adjust the image to get it to match closely what it looks like in-hand.

You can click on the images to go to the original file.

Thanks!

FF_67_C_zps1mqbi3pj.jpg

FF_67_C_0001_zpsoun9hpwn.jpg

Here's a CGC 9.4 with the yellowing over the entire cover:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=574063

I think this guy may be getting a trip to Florida (as long as that isn't a stain under Thing's left foot).

Too bad the wrap isn't so great.

That is the "normal" yellowing probably due to a combination of environment conditions and the inks. I owned a lot of copies, and some have it less – very light – some more and some not at all but the yellowing is uniform.

Your copy, assuming the scan does not deceive, looks a lot yellowed in a specific zone, it looks strange – but again it may be the scan as it looks very yellow overall.

Yeah, I bought 2 copies of this at the same time.

One copy was clean w/ zero yellow tint; the other, you see above.

I don't think in-hand it has as much of an overall yellow tint; I was tweaking my image settings to better show the contrast.

I'm trying to find an image of the splash page to see what colors are on that, but having no luck.

Here is the best I could find w/ some quick searching:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-67-First-appearance-of-Him-Warlock-POOR-CONDITION-/331474558876?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d6c5f9c

-- last image in the set.

I'm guessing the yellow here is bleed through from the red title bubble on the splash page.

It would make sense as it lines up and is a distinctly different color than the rest of the page (not to mention red ink being more susceptible to light).

Yes, it might be as you say. If you see that in hand is not that bad maybe grade it if you have to sell it, but honestly I would think grading makes sense for books in the NM to Mint range – you know I am not one which keeps them in the slabs even if I may buy some to have the warranty of the professional grading. :)