• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

restoration question

35 posts in this topic

Ok.

I'm new, and have a question regarding let's say Resto, since that's where we are.

You answer, with your opinion or a guess.

I assume based on your post count or your argument, you must know what you're talking about.

See how that could be dangerous?

Silver sharpie can cover black sharpie and turn color touch into mark on cover
The way this is phrased, in the context of the OP's question, it sounds like you're claiming silver sharpie is an automatic way of reversing CGC's plod designation.

Ok to be clear-I don't know what CGC's policy is-I do know silver sharpie will cover black sharpie and unless the black sharpie bleeds through there is no way to tell. I've done this and even putting it on a light box you can no longer see the black sharpie. I have stated I do not know CGC's policy on bleed through detectable silver sharpie coverage.

Yes you did, you clarified that you didn't know exactly how CGC would grade your suggestion to the OP.

Two days later.

In that time, the OP could have taken your suggestion and spent money unwisely, or damaged a book, or any number of scenarios.

Still don't see it?

You've raised valid points and I will be very careful how I word things like this in the future.

I just learned that a dry-erase marker can remove sharpie and then be wiped off but have no information on how well this would work on a comic but plan to for my own information only conduct some testing.

Ok to be clear-I don't know what CGC's policy is-I do know silver sharpie will cover black sharpie and unless the black sharpie bleeds through there is no way to tell. I've done this and even putting it on a light box you can no longer see the black sharpie. I have stated I do not know CGC's policy on bleed through detectable silver sharpie coverage.

Kav, I'm sorry to respond like this but your comments in this thread are despicable, disgusting.

I just don't understand why some people always have to 'game' the system, trying to find ways to cheat. This isn't about thinking outside of the box, I applaud that, but trying to cover up CT with more CT of a different color for the sole reason of tricking CGC is nothing but flim flam. Do you sell these books to people, do you laugh about it later ? Seriously, do something constructive with your life. You are obviously a creative person, use your talents for something beneficial, worthwhile.

I dont see it as 'tricking' but removing. The purpose of CT is to hide a flaw. Covering a flaw correction with another flaw just changes what the problem with a book is and since it is visible, is actually more honest.

Put your mind at ease-I do not sit around all day covering up CT and selling them on ebay when I could be drawing comics. In fact I have never done it. The only book I did this with was a book I had accidentally hit the surface with a black sharpie-realizing it would now be considered CT, I decided to cover it over.

The only book I did this with was a book I had accidentally hit the surface with a black sharpie-realizing it would now be considered CT, I decided to cover it over.

This happened to me once, as I was scanning books before sending to CGC I dropped a red pen and it made a mark on the comic. I called CGC and they responded that they do look at the pen mark for intent, was it applied to cover something up. My book got a Blue label.