• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titans - TNT

44 posts in this topic

Here's Why TNT Passed On Titans

Reilly: It wasn't. Akiva [Goldsman] is a talented guy, [but] the -script just wasn't there. There is an unbelievable glut of superhero things in the market right now and if you have a really good one, clearly people are up for it. But I just don't think that there's a need for one that, for me, at least on paper didn't seem to be screaming to get made.

So in a way, it was good that they called it quits. Otherwise, they ran the risk of a poorly delivered show.

This x 1 million. Too much hero stuff out on TV esp. DC properties. WB needs to moderate the amount of content they have out there. Supergirl. Flash. Legends. Arrow. Gotham. Not including their animated product. Constantine crashed and burned. Would rather see a show like Arrow get phased out, then bring in Titans.

So.....we can expect this to pop up on the CW in a couple of years instead? lol

FWIW, when I saw that TNT was involved I figured 1) what a bad choice for a partner and 2) it would likely suck.

In any case, if they had a better talent writing the -script it likely could have gone ahead despite the glut of hero shows. They basically spell it out here trying to nicely say the -script sucked and the writer is suspect:

Akiva [Goldsman] is a talented guy, [but] the --script just wasn't there.

Here are Golsdman's past forays into the comic movie/tv world: lol

Goldsman (Batman Forever, Batman and Robin ) wrote the pilot -script with Marc Haimes, and Goldsman would have served as its showrunner if Titans had been picked up.

In the end, as they introduce more of the characters into the DC movie scene we will likely see a show. With advances in CGI it is cheap to produce TV shows based on comic books or popular novels (e.g. Shanarra Chronicles) that have built in audiences to generate $$$ from. The more difficult part is finding the production and acting talent to do it properly........

Geoff Johns: DC Still Has Screen Plans For Titans

Despite the recent news that Turner has pulled out of the planned Titans TV series, leaving some of DC Comics' most storied characters without a live-action home, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns is holding out hope that they'll get something done.

"We have plans for Titans," Johns told TVLine. "It’s a huge piece of DC and we have plans,"

He said that while the announcement that TNT wasn't moving foward with the show was a shock to audiences at the Television Critics Assocation this year, DC had known about it for quite a while, and it wasn't a surprise to the people involved.

:whee: