• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this only a 2.0?

41 posts in this topic

I keep looking and looking but can't see why this is only a 2.0. Can anyone see something I don't although I admit its a very small picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74&item=6506390865&rd=1

Thanks.

There are all sorts of defects that are not visible from a scan like this. There may be moisture damage, back cover tears/creases, interior cover foxing etc, etc, etc.

Any of these, if severe enough, could bring the book down to a low grade.

as many have already said - it could be a ton of things. the front cover is only a small portion of the total book, and while being the most important part, can't tell the whole story.

foxing, stains, water damage, tears, missing chunks, etc., on either the back cover or interior pages cannot be seen from a FC scan and all can pull the grade way down. and there does appear to be that crease/tear by the "2" that has been pointed out on the front cover. if i could read the cert # , i would have called CGC this am.

but here's the flip side to this - if you're a big spidey fan and don't care about labels, this looks to be a pretty attractive copy that would show nicely in a collection.

in fact, i can see this book getting scooped up cheap, broken out of the slab and then offered raw with a significantly higher grade 893naughty-thumb.gif.........

I'm very curious as to the defects because it presents as a very nice copy. I thought it may be missing the back cover completely or something like that to get such a low grade on an otherwise nice looking book. I'm very interested to see what divadrabnud can uncover.

I'm very curious as to the defects because it presents as a very nice copy. I thought it may be missing the back cover completely or something like that to get such a low grade on an otherwise nice looking book. I'm very interested to see what divadrabnud can uncover.

"From: "Showcase NE Email"

Subject: RE: Question for item #6506390865 - Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 0:05:00 +0000

To: "divadrabnud@yahoo.com"

Unfortunately I am unable to provide additional images. The serial number is: 0607716005"

Steve?

as many have already said - it could be a ton of things. the front cover is only a small portion of the total book, and while being the most important part, can't tell the whole story.

foxing, stains, water damage, tears, missing chunks, etc., on either the back cover or interior pages cannot be seen from a FC scan and all can pull the grade way down. and there does appear to be that crease/tear by the "2" that has been pointed out on the front cover. if i could read the cert # , i would have called CGC this am.

but here's the flip side to this - if you're a big spidey fan and don't care about labels, this looks to be a pretty attractive copy that would show nicely in a collection.

in fact, i can see this book getting scooped up cheap, broken out of the slab and then offered raw with a significantly higher grade 893naughty-thumb.gif.........

Curses, foiled again mad.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Nothing here.....someone can call for graders notes tomorrow I guess.

2.0notes.jpg

Major defects:

Large spine split top

Spine splits center spine

cover detached from bottom staple

large stain through book

Very fragile

hail.gifdevil.gif

wink.gif

Why would you think that, BB? insane.gif

i guess i'm just paranoid when it comes to e-bay.

Diva's post answers the big question and the book certainly is the 2.0 it received.

there might still be a market for it and with the bad scan and a fairly presentable book, it might get more money than it deserves..........

i give NE credit for at least providing the cert number............