• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this only a 2.0?

41 posts in this topic

Why would you think that, BB? insane.gif

there might still be a market for it and with the bad scan and a fairly presentable book, it might get more money than it deserves..........

That's key. I think there's a market for affordable books that are more presentable than their grade suggests. If I could only afford a 2.0, I'd choose that one over one that gets the 2.0 grade because it's creased and torn all over the cover.

[

Major defects:

Large spine split top

Spine splits center spine

cover detached from bottom staple

large stain through book

Very fragile

hail.gifdevil.gif

wink.gif

Hey, be happy. At least it sounds like it's got both staples! yay.gif

Thanks a lot guys. It's cool to see a book up there that seems like a really good deal and then get the low down from help in here. It almost gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. smirk.gif

I agree with Rob in that I'd much rather have this 2.0 than one that's all beat up and mangled.

Thanks a lot guys. It's cool to see a book up there that seems like a really good deal and then get the low down from help in here. It almost gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. smirk.gif

I agree with Rob in that I'd much rather have this 2.0 than one that's all beat up and mangled.

I disagree somewhat. This is a PERFECT book to have slabbed, as it sounds as though ANY handling would result in only further damage. But, personally, I am a structure freak, and would avoid this book.

Not to mention the small scan, no back cover scan, and not providing the Serial number in the ad. A 2.0 is a 2.0 is a 2.0, but I'd rather have my 1.8:

ASM%201%20CGCs.jpg

Oh, and when you or someone else buys it, then they can provide a decent scan to compare them - otherwise, you can't sumo.gif

I disagree somewhat. This is a PERFECT book to have slabbed, as it sounds as though ANY handling would result in only further damage. But, personally, I am a structure freak, and would avoid this book.

That's what makes the hobby great. Everyone has their own style. I love books with detached covers that would otherwise be in the Fine range. I can get a nice book for Good price, just because the staples tore through. To me, that's much better than a beat book with attached staples.

To me, that's much better than a beat book with attached staples.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

hey Diva, i think he's talking about YOUR copy....... poke2.gif

Wow! Check out this follow-up response:

"Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:23:22 -0800

From: comics@showcasene.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book

To: divadrabnud@yahoo.com

Subject: Response to your question for item #6506390865 - Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV

Question about your item

Dear divadrabnud,

You asked:

"What's the serial number? and can I get a larger scan? Thanks"

Sorry...the best scan is up and we don't disclose serial numbers.

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

6506390865 Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV Jan-28-05

Thank you,

showcase-new-england"

893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gifdevil.gifmakepoint.gifsleeping.gif

Wow! Check out this follow-up response:

"Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:23:22 -0800

From: comics@showcasene.com Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book

To: divadrabnud@yahoo.com

Subject: Response to your question for item #6506390865 - Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV

Question about your item

Dear divadrabnud,

You asked:

"What's the serial number? and can I get a larger scan? Thanks"

Sorry...the best scan is up and we don't disclose serial numbers.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

6506390865 Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV Jan-28-05

Thank you,

showcase-new-england"

Well, you can keep valid information from sellers, but you won't be getting my money. As a customer-oriented eBayer, I can't imagine witholding information from potential buyers. Why would you want to swindle your customers?

He wasted even fewer words with me. 27_laughing.gif

You asked:

"Hi Can you please provide the CGC # for this book. Thanks."

We don't provide that information....

Item #

Item Title

Listing end date

Amazing Spiderman 1 CGC 2.0, NO RSV

Jan-28-05

Thank you,

showcase-new-england

Way to go, DAN! makepoint.gif Another of EBAY'S FINEST! 27_laughing.gif

if they gave a good scan they wouldn't have to "disclose" serial numbers

they want over a grand for a book and they won't give a good scan or serial #? (well they did, but apparently someone there thinks they don't)

if they gave a good scan they wouldn't have to "disclose" serial numbers

they want over a grand for a book and they won't give a good scan or serial #? (well they did, but apparently someone there thinks they don't)

Yeah - the guy who gave me the serial no. probably got fired 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif