• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips for selling my slabs here?

22 posts in this topic

Hey,

I know that I am new to the forums, but I want to start selling some of my slabs, since they are coming back from CGC. I've got really excellent eBay reviews for my raw book sales, and a couple of kudos up here now from two long-time members here. What else should I do to establish my credibility? Advice or threads welcome.

Best.

You can list them in the Sales Forums. Do your best to place them in the correct categories and follow the listing rules. I would start out by giving good/fair prices and make sure you ship quickly and safely. You can create a Kudos thread (sounds like you have one) and as you complete more and more sales, your feedback will grow.

Depending on the value of the slabs that should be enough, unless you have some really valuable five figure stuff coming back then maybe some people might be hesitant, but a local boardie would probably pick them up off you anyway if they're priced right.

Rules for selling on the boards:

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1.Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2.No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3.List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.

4.It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

5.Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

6.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

7.List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

8.List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

9.List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

10.If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

11.Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

12.Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

13.Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.

14.Raffles are not allowed.

BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

First off, WTTB! :hi:

Many seem to be flocking to the Boards from eBay since there are no fees associated with selling here. But to be successful, you have to realize - this isn't eBay. This is a community for better or worse. Not everyone gets along, but every member has a "face" or is known after a while.

The sellers that arrive from eBay that don't participate anywhere else on the Boards oftentimes don't do that well. Why would people buy from an unknown here when they could do that on eBay?

So, I would recommend that if you want to sell here, quietly involve yourself in other forums and threads on the Boards other than just trying to unload books. For starters, don't start new threads in Comics General on a self serving topic. :whistle:

First off - READ THE SALES FORUM RULES. :rulez: If people see a trainwreck, no one is going to buy from you.

Furthermore, this place is home to very savvy buyers. Almost everyone has GPA or a friend they could rely on for GPA info. Don't come here and expect to sell a book higher than GPA. It's not going to happen. Since everyone has GPA, people realize that GPA figures net the seller 10% less than the completed sale. So, being a new seller, you may want to take that into account and lower your prices accordingly.

Finally, organize your sales threads so they're easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. Keep scans all one uniform size and not HUGE (not bigger than 1,000 pixels vertically) or in the alternative use clickable thumbnails so that someone can zoom in on books if they chose to do so. Keep prices and any information in the same spot for each listing. I'd recommend listing below the image and increase the font size so that it is easily readable. There was recently a sales thread where a seller listed prices on some above and some below. This ended up being a disaster of a sales thread. Again, no one will buy from you if they see a trainwreck because if this is what they DO see, what issues would come out of dealing with you that they DON'T see? :eek:

All in all, just remember - this isn't eBay. Treat buyers fairly as you would want to be treated as a buyer and realize that you're not going to rake anyone over the coals here and if you try to, you're not going to survive here.

Good luck and hope to see your sales threads.

Many seem to be flocking to the Boards from eBay since there are no fees associated with selling here. But to be successful, you have to realize - this isn't eBay. This is a community for better or worse. Not everyone gets along, but every member has a "face" or is known after a while.

The sellers that arrive from eBay that don't participate anywhere else on the Boards oftentimes don't do that well. Why would people buy from an unknown here when they could do that on eBay?

So, I would recommend that if you want to sell here, quietly involve yourself in other forums and threads on the Boards other than just trying to unload books. For starters, don't start new threads in Comics General on a self serving topic. :whistle:

First off - READ THE SALES FORUM RULES. :rulez: If people see a trainwreck, no one is going to buy from you.

Furthermore, this place is home to very savvy buyers. Almost everyone has GPA or a friend they could rely on for GPA info. Don't come here and expect to sell a book higher than GPA. It's not going to happen. Since everyone has GPA, people realize that GPA figures net the seller 10% less than the completed sale. So, being a new seller, you may want to take that into account and lower your prices accordingly.

Finally, organize your sales threads so they're easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. Keep scans all one uniform size and not HUGE (not bigger than 1,000 pixels vertically) or in the alternative use clickable thumbnails so that someone can zoom in on books if they chose to do so. Keep prices and any information in the same spot for each listing. I'd recommend listing below the image and increase the font size so that it is easily readable. There was recently a sales thread where a seller listed prices on some above and some below. This ended up being a disaster of a sales thread. Again, no one will buy from you if they see a trainwreck because if this is what they DO see, what issues would come out of dealing with you that they DON'T see? :eek:

All in all, just remember - this isn't eBay. Treat buyers fairly as you would want to be treated as a buyer and realize that you're not going to rake anyone over the coals here and if you try to, you're not going to survive here.

:preach:

lol , but +1 to what HS said.

lol , but +1 to what HS said.

....advice to live by.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Participate in some other sales from board members like my sales thread which just so happens to be up right now. :whistle:

Develop a reputation, talk to people, make friends and generally let people know you're not a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed or you're gonna take the money and run.

Also, everything else HS said.

Oh and good quality pics. None of that grainy, obscure angle, poor lighting sketchy shots.

Hmmmm...

First we need to establish the FMV of said tits. But I'll get that thread going too :signfunny:

Just like grading, THAT is subjective. And just like comics... I'm addicted.