• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL COMICS

24 posts in this topic

Without buying every single title, how do I know which book blends into which earth/universe?

Well, they're probably hoping you do exactly that.

I'd just prefer books that don't blend into any shared universe at all and have one less thing to worry about anyway.

I buy some new Marvel books. What I'm mostly annoyed with is the amazing number of variant covers and printings.

DEC148006 ANT-MAN #1 BROOKS SECANT PTG VAR $4.99

NOV148175 EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #2 4TH PTG RODRIGUEZ VAR $3.99

NOV148176 SPIDER-WOMAN #2 2ND PTG LAND VAR SV $3.99

DEC148099 STAR WARS #1 2ND PTG CASSADAY VAR $4.99

NOV148177 SUPERIOR IRON MAN #2 2ND PTG CHOI VAR AXIS $3.99

NOV148178 THANOS VS HULK #1 2ND PTG STARLIN VAR $3.99

NOV148179 THOR #1 4TH PTG DAUTERMAN VAR $3.99

That's seven comics being released that aren't the first printing. That's nuts.

If you have one cover, you have the comic. If you have one printing, you have the comic. Assume those are for the people who don't.

Marvel is kicking some serious butt right now.

Star Wars #1 sold over a million copies

Were you alive and sober in the 90's? If not, I've got some McFarlane Spider-Man #1's you might enjoy too...

In fairness, them selling a million non-returnable copies vs creating a limited product with fan appeal/scarcity that can generate revenue in the secondary resellers market by supply & demand-ing prices beyond cover price... those are 2 different things.

Selling a million copies is good for Marvel. It's not so great for resellers (but that's why they are doing ratio variants instead of just split variants or only the 1 cover like they did for much of the early 90's)