• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider Gwen Phantom variants selling over 130 copies online in an hour

55 posts in this topic

Can I ask how the first appearance of Spider-Gwen in a 9.8 is commanding more than the first appearance of Gwen waaay back in ASM 31 in a 6.0-6.5 and in one case a raw 7.0-7.5?

Probably for the same reason that in 1982 the Moondance Comics ads listed the Defenders #1 at $20.00, and Hulk #102 at $12.00, X-Men #11 at $10.00 or Avengers #16 at $12.00.

Or the same reason that a few months later, Mile High ads had Defenders #1 at $12.00 , FF's #49 and #50 at $8.00, Captain America #100 at $11.00, ASM #21-25 at $10.50. Or ASM #39 or #40 at $7.50. All cheaper than Defenders #1. :blush:

edit: not that there's anything wrong with Defenders #1.

Man...Ya'll are some fogies. :preach:

Imaginary characters in imaginary universes are pretty fluid and can change at a whim, history be damned. That's a neat part about this medium. Continuity can be great and deep, decades long relationships within those imaginary universes can make you feel like you KNOW the characters...but...you don't. (shrug)

It's like saying, "MTV used to be better!" Well...Maybe. Or, you've outgrown it, times have changed, and/or it's not made for you anymore. I remember the first time I watched MTV and realized that NONE of the ads were targeted at me. It was a weird feeling.

I don't really read new comics but it seems like a pretty rad time to be. There's so much stuff from so many different perspectives being put out.

rantrant

Try reading the new comics and then see if you still think they're rad

hell read spider Gwen and get back to us

Imaginary characters in imaginary universes are pretty fluid and can change at a whim, history be damned. That's a neat part about this medium. Continuity can be great and deep, decades long relationships within those imaginary universes can make you feel like you KNOW the characters...but...you don't. (shrug)

It's like saying, "MTV used to be better!" Well...Maybe. Or, you've outgrown it, times have changed, and/or it's not made for you anymore. I remember the first time I watched MTV and realized that NONE of the ads were targeted at me. It was a weird feeling.

I don't really read new comics but it seems like a pretty rad time to be. There's so much stuff from so many different perspectives being put out.

rantrant

Thats what neal adams thought too

rantrant

All this is probably true. Sometimes it's just difficult to get out of my own way.

That stuff was such a great example of why story is more important than art....

Did you read it and not like it or are you just assuming that anything new couldnt possibly be entertaining?

It is a terrible, gimmicky re-tread "high concept" that sells out decades of cannon for the sole purpose of selling a few books at launch.....

But with a decent execution.

And we like it because it reminds us of Spider-Man. :blush:

A mini is more than enough though.

-J.

I buy moderns to read, EOSV was a great read (shrug) Probably the best marvel series of the past 4 years.

Variants selling is news btw. Also, people collect different things is news too. How many people here read the comics they buy?

Also how many people complain about the MOVIE EFFECT and then also complain about this book because it's not a SA FA?

It's a hobby.

INb4 trolling occurs.

I buy moderns to read, EOSV was a great read (shrug) Probably the best marvel series of the past 4 years.

Variants selling is news btw. Also, people collect different things is news too. How many people here read the comics they buy?

Also how many people complain about the MOVIE EFFECT and then also complain about this book because it's not a SA FA?

It's a hobby.

INb4 trolling occurs.

:gossip:some people here just like to kvetch