• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider Man 252 in 9.9?

10 posts in this topic

Personally, I'd be nervous to have a book in that condition shipped to me if I won.

All it would take is for the package to be dropped, no matter how carefully it was packed.

You can't protect a slabbed book from it's own inner well, can you?

I wouldn't buy it unless I was the kind of guy who could spend $5000 on wine at lunch just because I felt like a little treat.

If I owned it, I would be looking to sell it to a guy like that.

It's an absolutely terrible investment, guaranteed to drop in value like a new car. But for a rich and frivolous guy who loves the comic, what the heck.

I have no interest in 9.9s that would cost me the same as another big key I do not own.

The only way I would go after something like this if if I was specifically focused on Venom/Venom related issues ONLY in my collection.

Then it would be a "must have".

But my collection goes every which way, and there are just way too many books I still want to spend that kind of money on a book I can get in 9.8 for around $200.00.

That extra .1 in the grade just isn't worth it to me.

And I do love me some 9.9s....