• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All female Avengers team

111 posts in this topic

are men allowed to join the A Team or is it girls only...maybe next year we'll have a transgender shift and they'll all be men.

no need to happen till next year.. theres probably a variant already in the works

Yep, there is:

psp-bruce-jenner-sexual-reassignment.jpg

:grin:

Now THERES a variant!

BTW I just puked in my mouth thank you

My girlfriend is pretty excited for this one. I bought her the lady liberators issue at a convention earlier this year and she loved it. I could see this being really popular for many women out there.

"Fresh ideas"

4ui0pk.gif

Keep digging Marvel.

Female Thor.

Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Black Captain America.

(:

Wasn't it recently revealed that the market share is now:

DC > Image > Marvel

Why do they need to keep reinventing already existing characters? It's like remaking classic movies. rantrant

Nope.

It's Disney working their magic on Marvel and building new generations of fans that will buy comics, and be excited by comics long into the future because they see themselves represented by superheroes on the page and on the screen. Getting kids and teens to read comics is always going to be the target market (as it should be), and Marvel are absolutely doing it the right way.

Why not create new characters instead of alienating existing fans?

Why would this alienate existing fans?

Because Thor...is Thor. Captain America is Captain America. (shrug)

If you're a huge fan of Thor, wouldn't you be upset by this drastic change? Why not build on Angela or create a new Norse God? Why change am existing/beloved character for media attention. I think it's lame, cheap and lazy lacking creativity. 2c

Just curious, but did you read the book? I read the first issue and thought it was sort of a fun idea but didn't stick with it.

Sometimes I forget what neanderthal scum can be found on this board, but a thread like this always reminds me :applause:

I don't know-- seems like some pretty tame comments for the most part. I don't think it would matter if they were all guys- the art is pretty meh looking. They all have the same exact expressionless face.

Except when it was an imposter in the 50's. And the time he was Nomad. And the time U.S. agent took over for him. And the time he was killed and Bucky took over for him. And the time Red Skull took over his body.

:baiting:

I like the idea of an all female squad of avengers. Then again, didn't marvel just put out an all female X-Men title a year or so ago? I didn't read it, so I'm not sure how successful it was. It might not be a fair comparison, since the X-universe has been an unreadable mess for a long time.

I just hope they keep a woman in the writing chair. Having a guy write dialogue for women usually sounds as authentic as a middle aged white guy writing hip hop, which almost always starts with "my name is ___ and I'm here to say"

Adding more female members to the roster is one thing and to me at least, demonstrates a larger presence in a natural way. For instance, have the current Avengers squad of five be made up of 3 women and 2 men.

However, when you make a team solely of women it seems almost as if you are pandering to that demographic if not the 11 year old crowd that wants to see nothing but big boobs in skin tight costumes.

There is such a thing as oversteering when trying to course correct. Even with the best intentions you are still going to crash.

Except when it was an imposter in the 50's. And the time he was Nomad. And the time U.S. agent took over for him. And the time he was killed and Bucky took over for him. And the time Red Skull took over his body.

:baiting:

I like the idea of an all female squad of avengers. Then again, didn't marvel just put out an all female X-Men title a year or so ago? I didn't read it, so I'm not sure how successful it was. It might not be a fair comparison, since the X-universe has been an unreadable mess for a long time.

I just hope they keep a woman in the writing chair. Having a guy write dialogue for women usually sounds as authentic as a middle aged white guy writing hip hop, which almost always starts with "my name is ___ and I'm here to say"

The all female Defenders book was pretty good but it didn't last.

Adding more female members to the roster is one thing and to me at least, demonstrates a larger presence in a natural way. For instance, have the current Avengers squad of five be made up of 3 women and 2 men.

However, when you make a team solely of women it seems almost as if you are pandering to that demographic if not the 11 year old crowd that wants to see nothing but big boobs in skin tight costumes.

There is such a thing as oversteering when trying to course correct. Even with the best intentions you are still going to crash.

I don't think that that is aimed just at 11 year olds.

I don't think that that is aimed just at 11 year olds.

Trying to be nice here.

Nice Avatar btw.... That was one of the first albums I listened to of theirs when I "discovered" them in the late 80's right before Disintegration came out. I think I was like 13 at the time.

I'm just curious what the story reason is for having no male members. If there's a good story reason for an all-female team, then I am for it. If not, I don't think it's going to work.

You're expecting Marvel writers to come up with good stories?

lol

It was a good idea in theory, but never went anywhere. Losing Rogue early on showed that the idea was secondary to whatever else was going on in the Avengers and X-Men universe. Plus they always needed the men to do things (Beast in particular if I remember correctly)