• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish I could press books...

98 posts in this topic

Nothing is better than finding that perfect book (untouched just the way it is) but that also comes with a price.

lol We really need to have a sarcasm font for those that get so uptight about stuff, The pressing question here is should we italicize our sarcastic comments?

[font:Comic Sans MS]yea that's a good idea ....[/font]

I tried to press the sarcasm out of your statement but it didn't go well

It's annoying to see books pass through my hands that are worth $4-5 as-is yet with a press could be $10-15 books They aren't worth the time & effort & cost to send them to someone for "treatment."

Anyone else think about that? It seems like a lot of money left on the table for nothing other than circumstance. Not a big deal, just something that I thought about when looking through a few piles of Bronze books this evening...

No, I don't really think about that. I'm more likely to think that it'd be nice if people weren't so obsessed with what money they're leaving on the table.

It's annoying to see books pass through my hands that are worth $4-5 as-is yet with a press could be $10-15 books They aren't worth the time & effort & cost to send them to someone for "treatment."

Anyone else think about that? It seems like a lot of money left on the table for nothing other than circumstance. Not a big deal, just something that I thought about when looking through a few piles of Bronze books this evening...

No, I don't really think about that. I'm more likely to think that it'd be nice if people weren't so obsessed with what money they're leaving on the table.

But....but-what if that's how they support their family?

Peace

-Kav

Peace,

Chip

Proper pressing is a time consuming, meticulous task when done properly. You don't want to do it, especially for $10 a book. It's soul crushing.

PRESSING!!!!

I love the sales threads that states the grade and then "Has some very pressible defects." ummm... what are those defects?

"Dealers" (and I use that term VERY loosely) have begun to price books not only according to what they could SLAB as, but what they could PRESS to.

So, you get a 9.0 New Mutants #98 that "could press to a 9.6"...and then priced at the 9.6 slab rate.

It's ridiculous, and just bordering on fraud.

The trick seems to be the double sided press followed by the cold press-apparently just a hot press the pages will snap back to the original state before it can cool down and 'set'....

ALLAH AKHBAR!

If you want to try pressing, go for it. You will receive tons of hate from people for "messing up" books and told to stop (snide comments included) so that you can send them to a professional (so just don't post about it on the forums). The one thing you will never get is good advice.

If you want to try pressing, go for it. You will receive tons of hate from people for "messing up" books and told to stop (snide comments included) so that you can send them to a professional (so just don't post about it on the forums). The one thing you will never get is good advice.

Well aren't you a sunny ray of good tidings.

If you want to start pressing, go for it. You'll never know if you don't try, and you'll never get better if you don't practice.

There. I gave you the same speech I give my kids.

Now go to your room! :sumo: