• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-men #94 cgc 9.8 on pedigree

60 posts in this topic

I can't believe you guys have no love for 113.

This is possibly the greatest X-Men cover of all time.

What about this does not kick 12 kinds of ?

97792366288.113.GIF

My feelings are that the best Silver-Age covers are better then any Bronze-Age and the best Golden-Age covers are better then Silver-Age.

I grew up buying Bronze-Age, and I really feel that too many of them look alike. With Silver-Age that is not the case, as the different artist seemed to have a style all there own. And GA is great because each publisher had a unique style (compare, Timely to DC to Fox to EC to Star, etc.). So much variety, it's amazing. cloud9.gif

...possibly the greatest X-Men cover of all time...

97792366288.50.GIF

if the image doesn't come out - i'm just changing code here not going to mh for the thing - then the one i'm pimping is numbah 50

#113 is awesome, issue #112 is burned in my memory forever. Talk about a kick arse battle cover. #140 is just pure talent and if that scene doesn't scare you more than a guy that looks like he is auditioning for a spot as the Planters peanuts rep. confused-smiley-013.gif Don't get me wrong I love the Count, he is a great a villian but I just can't get excited about that cover as it doesn't even hold a candle to some of the later issues: 183,194,196,199,201,207,209,211,212- wow what a run.

My top 5 Claremont, Cockrum & Byrne X-men covers.

5. X-men # 123 sumo.gif

4. X-men # 112 headbang.gif

3. X-men # 137 thumbsup2.gif

2. X-men # 141 cloud9.gif

1. X-men # 94 yay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My Top 5 Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne run covers:

1. X-Men #94

2. X-Men #136

3. X-Men #134

4. X-Men #133

5. X-Men #141

Honorable mention: X-Men #115, #121

It's the best X-Men cover of all-time IMO. Searing drama and action. Everytime I see that cover, Count Nefaria still scares the living bejesus out of me! And the color scheme is awesome - it's instantly recognizable and makes all the other covers look drab by comparison. I'd take it over #133 (Wolverine fighting, big deal), #141 (old Wolverine looking menacing in front of a gimmicky background) or any other of covers from the Byrne run, anyday. sumo.gif

screwy.gif

Talk about gift grade!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6507706003&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

What is up with the top right corner & below with the thumb crease!

Near Mint books HAVE DEFECTS. That's why they are NM and not MINT. I know because it's a Bronze-Age book that many of us, think if we can see a defect how can it be NM, but if the rest of the book is perfect (and I can't see any spine stress lines at all), then it can still be NM.

an interesting aside...

wolverine is missing from 94, 95, 97, 99, 101, 102, 103, 105, 106 & 107. all the above feature at least three other group members. boy, cockrum really didn't care much for the lil' feller now did he?

If not for Byrne, Wolvie may very well have been written out of the book... gossip.gif

i see someone else has read the ginormous interview in the front of "The Art of John Byrne"...

Not only that...there was an interview with Claremont & Byrne last year where they discussed it. gossip.gif

Give me a minute to dig it up.... juggle.gif