• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored Hulk#1 9.2 on EBay.

29 posts in this topic

I'd guess that with him diclosing the book is restored, and offering largepictures, what else would there be to return the book for?

That is really a ridiculous comment. As Diva would say, a large scan of a book is NOT the same as having a book in your hands. Especially when you call something a 9.2, it better not have surface dents and such that can't necessarily be picked up well by a scanner.

There was a restored Hulk 1 CGC 9.0 that went up on eBay a few times, not sure if the reserve was ever met though. I'll definately be watching this book, but I'm skeptical as to whether it's actually a 9.2

Brian

Likely...this seller has a history of flipping books like this. "some chips filled with color touch" is a bit scary, and while it may be "invisible quality" work, there are some frankostein restored books out there when you start replacing pieces, especially on SA Marvels where it's next to impossible to color/pattern match color (it's not flat color like on GA books).

Still... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

wonder what his return policy is??? i don't see this as a 9.2/9.4 due to that funky center top cover, but it might be a 9.0 which is a very high grade for Hulk 1's.

Sounds about right, and curiously there was a restored 9.0 sold last fall for around $3k I believe.

I have purchased and returned a book from him, so I think he stands behind his sales.

This is the guy who bought my AF#15 VG 4.0 PLOD last year. At least he's disclosing the restoration on these books. confused-smiley-013.gif Look at the ASM#14 APP 9.4 he's selling. He disclosed the trim job on all three edges and the color touch.

The title of that Avengers #1 listing is SO misleading. He states it's from the "Mile High Pedigree", when of course it's a Dallas Stevens/Mile High Comics book. Tsk tsk...

Fortunately, there isn't anyone who knows what the Mile High pedigree is who would think that was an Edgar Church book. I agree it's a terrible choice of words, but I can't believe anyone is going to be fooled into paying more money for that book because of it.

I'd guess that with him diclosing the book is restored, and offering largepictures, what else would there be to return the book for?

That is really a ridiculous comment. As Diva would say, a large scan of a book is NOT the same as having a book in your hands. Especially when you call something a 9.2, it better not have surface dents and such that can't necessarily be picked up well by a scanner.

foreheadslap.gifYou're right on the money. I should have been more specific. As a rule, I generally drop the grade when buying on ebay, but when i have made purchases from him, he sent me multiple pictures, and answered every question i have. He is honest. I also noticed that the restored X men #1 CGC 8.0 he has up, he overpaid on this past Christmas simply to help out a seller who was in $$ difficulty. thumbsup2.gif I'm pretty sure the guy's story was true because i remember watching the auction on the raw book about 1.5 years ago and the guy paid $6000+ for the book as a raw unrestored 9.0! 893whatthe.gif and then had it graded to come back a restored 8.0!! DOUBLE 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I've often wondered this myself, as it does seem that PLODs get more action and sell better when raw; when in CGC cases it truly seems like death. BTW, these aardvark books seem overgraded. Seems his MO is similar to that of comic-keys, except he discloses the resto.

BTW, these aardvark books seem overgraded. Seems his MO is similar to that of comic-keys, except he discloses the resto.

Well that would mean that he's like almost every other dealer, where as comic-keys is FRAUD.