• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIX GRADED BOOKS RETURNED TODAY

63 posts in this topic

Two of these have already been up for a "Guess the Grade" thread, but I am not having any luck with them. I'm either missing important details until they're pointed out after I post the grade, or I'm having trouble getting scans which are adequate for grading purposes.

Oh well, so here are the six books, the grades I thought I'd get, and the grades I received.........

Two of these have already been up for a "Guess the Grade" thread, but I am not having any luck with them. I'm either missing important details until they're pointed out after I post the grade, or I'm having trouble getting scans which are adequate for grading purposes.

Oh well, so here are the six books, the grades I thought I'd get, and the grades I received.........

And those are from the "Easy" grading company 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

stooges.gif

stooges.gif

Easy? Who said that? PGX is FAMOUSLY tough. That's what keeps me from sending them more books, because otherwise I like them fine.

stooges.gif

Easy? Who said that? PGX is FAMOUSLY tough. That's what keeps me from sending them more books, because otherwise I like them fine.

I feel that they did a good job, even with my two moderns. I thought that I could maybe sneak a 9.6 out of one or both of them, if took them lightly. But they didn't and gave the the grades they probably deserved.

stooges.gif

They are reputed for being tough from 8.5 and up on moderns. From 8.0 and below on Silver Age, they are too loose.

From 8.0 and below on Silver Age, they are too loose.

Maybe they were in the past, but I haven't noticed it. All my low grade Silver Age books graded lower than what I thought they would be.

Either that's a misconception or they are improving.

Khurst,

Can you show a full scan of the Avengers #57 as my copy looks to be in a similar grade and I want too compare. thumbsup2.gif

Sure, but it may not be a good scan. They're slabbing makes it hard to prevent light reflections around the book during scanning.

avengers_57_front.jpg

How long did it take from you shipping them to there return?

Did you suspect any of the books may have had restoration or were you pretty sure they'd be blue label?

Brian

I was pretty confident my books were all natural. Most of the older books have been in my posession for quite a while, all but the ASM 50 which I've had for about 6 months.

I shipped the books on December 21st, and the came back to me on January 25. Not too shabby really.

How long did it take from you shipping them to there return?

Did you suspect any of the books may have had restoration or were you pretty sure they'd be blue label?

Brian

The last batch of books I sent them was 29 days (8 Bronze books) from door to door.

Brian

I was pretty confident my books were all natural. Most of the older books have been in my posession for quite a while, all but the ASM 50 which I've had for about 6 months.

READ: Doesn't have the faintest idea 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif